Be aware and don't waste time

Lorry thompson

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Just got round to this thread as I've been away. Good spot has mate and glad he's on the mend. Its made me think about things as my little one is a bit poorly at the moment.

Good of you to post and keep peoples minds alert.

Hope he makes a quick recovery and those smiles will he you forget.:001_smile:

Aye mate had to go through all that it's horrific isn't it:thumbdown:

I'd like to thank everyone for their messages of support it means a lot and it's quite humbling to know a load of rough macho tree men who I haven't had the privilege of meeting can be so supportive and caring :thumbup:

Dylan is well on his way to recovery and getting his little character back cheers lads:thumbup:

Lorry

Been watching this thread closely. Always smile when I see your two little ones. My twin boys are 5 now and the early years are a roller coaster. We've had a couple of scares over the years with them and each time, you're sitting in a hospital ward with them you'd do anything to make them better. There is nothing else in this world that matters like your kids. The doctor told us early on that toddlers can drop within hours and medical treatment won't wait. Spot-on for reacting as quickly as you did.

did they have to do a lumber puncture ? (needle inbetween the spinalcord ) ? i had to hold my little girl in a ball so tight that she couldnt move a millimetre while they did it !

worse moment of my life !

i cant imagine what you fellas went through at that moment. I had to hold my 2 year old on chrimbo day for his puffer for the first time, and that was just a plastic mask and it was more of a fight with him, the strength in a toddler is amazing, driven on pure fear. I really struggled to keep it together and i did have a good cry in the jeep out in the car park after when i followed the ambulance when he got transfered.

When they get home, the noise, the mess, the tantrums is like music to your ears. When i lie in bed and he comes in at about 3am and kicks lumps out of me i just smile and laugh, these moments are priceless. :thumbup:

Hello Lads,

Just want to say again thanks for all the posts would like to thank everyone personally but I'll say it to everyone. I felt a bit wrong being on a forum when i thought my boy was dying but at least if it made somebody else act quick I was happy. Well looking at the stats I had many replies and many private messages which were very much appreciated but also hundreds of views, Layton is at home with me now and Dylan is still in hospital recovering, apparently he will ache all over his joints his skin and everything but he doesnt cry much which puts things into perspective when we winge about hangovers etc. he even managed 5 minutes today of smiling and kicking which took a lot out of him, Im so proud of the little soldier and I dont mean to go on but I'll put a pic of them both up from today for those who have watched the thread.

All the very best to everybody on here and health and happiness to your families

59765901087f5_Keirasphone3361.jpg.0a02732d0cd225e18087c56bcc141091.jpg

5976590105ad9_Keirasphone3364.jpg.9ecdadfbd6a8c8e1c12495fa80fa4dc9.jpg

Been watching too Lorry but not commented so far. Always a worrying time when they just have the flu, let alone something like this.

Nice to see improvements, but you and the missus should take credit for your actions. Be proud of yourselves and celebrate, you deserve it.

All the best to all of you mate.

Pete.