Log prices will have too go up yes no

mendiplogs

why have u gone up £10 from January, u must have processed and seasoned ur logs pre Jan vat increase, so ur only increase will be extra vat on ur diesel bill

my local bought their beer before the vat increase, but guess what, a pint of beer was more expensive tonight than last night:thumbdown:

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

my local bought their beer before the vat increase, but guess what, a pint of beer was more expensive tonight than last night:thumbdown:

Yes, but they are collecting the VAT for the government, the VAT they paid when they bought the beer would have been claimed back already.

People forget that the VAT does not belong too the seller.

yes he will still have to pay the vat man more, hes selling it after 3rd january

the vat on logs hasnt changed vat on beer has

Im not VAT reg so i dont charge VAT but i put them up because i can!!!! i have to deliver them, pay for bage, run a tractor, pay VAT on repairs etc etc..........the costs of operating are going up so i pass it on, thats business im afraid.

Sold 3 cube today at the new price and they didnt even bat an eye lid!

why have u gone up £10 from January, u must have processed and seasoned ur logs pre Jan vat increase, so ur only increase will be extra vat on ur diesel bill

Why should he not put his price up. When he buys cord wood tommorrow he will pay more and not see it back for nine months thats an extra operating cost. If he waits till June to put the price up will the public be falling over themselves to buy. No they will wait till they have 4 logs left on christmas eve then haggle. :biggrin:

your right 18 stoner, but you must know trying to explain increses like these arent easy to explain to the customer.

Vat gone up so the price of logs price has gone up by £5 its to cover the fuel Im not making any money im losing it

Easy as

Im not VAT reg so i dont charge VAT but i put them up because i can!!!! i have to deliver them, pay for bage, run a tractor, pay VAT on repairs etc etc..........the costs of operating are going up so i pass it on, thats business im afraid.

i can understand that happening for nxt years sales, but cant really see any need for large increase to cover any vat on diesel.

the higher the price goes, the more likelyhood of imports flooding into the UK or ur customers start using cheaper softwood options. Mr Arranwoodfuels must be licking his lips and thinking about going national shortly.