greedy? would you be happy?

sloth

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd just do the hours your paid for, it would be like a little pay rise.:thumbup:

I wouldn't expect any of my staff to do an extra hour every day,as long as everyone pulls there weight when required and has the odd early dart everyone is happy.:thumbup1:

Its good to see your boss is having some decent hols and has a few nice hobbies, otherwise why bother.:confused1:

Plus gives hope to some of us that dont take as good a wage as some employees!

Times are indeed hard and as others have said it aint a bad wage tbh.

its 8.30pm on a saturday evening.

i've just got out of the shower after finishing work.

not 'paid' work,

spent all day doing the jobs that my lot don't see.

re-painting the new steelwork on the tipper trailer, re-wiring the ifor's lights, servicing four of the saws, tidying the container coz i couldn't find any of the spanners. paper work, and MORE paperwork

in other words, doing the jobs that keep us ticking over at a nice pace.

i think if you actually worked my hourly rate out, a tenner an hour wouldn't be far off.

and thats not including buying all the kit, vans, trailers, chipper, saws galore, climbing kits, insurances, fuel etc, etc, etc

roll on the good times........:lol: :lol:

i dont think you are being greedy merely stating what you think you are worth this may be different to what your boss thinks did get a raise.you seem to resent your boss this may i say with respect that this is not the way forward as it needs the whole team to pull together to keep a business going.also your point on not worth being late i would advise you keep working for a company and not going it alone if you wish to spend the time with your family ,not having a go at you just pointing out the down side .i think your pay is fair and would be looking for you to bring something extra to the business before a bigger pay rise .best of luck buddie

we all want more, its human nature, but just remember we are still in a middle of a recession, work comes and goes, your boss may have alot of "trinkets" but dont covert other peoples posessions, you dont know the full story, and tbh being an employer isnt easy, you have to pay more out sometimes than you get in - after all we pay extra NI contribs and we pay insurances, training, ppe, lots of costs and headaches and if the boss wants to spend his hard earned filthy lucre on a BMW why not, i wouldnt be ashamed

to ask for more is natural, but put it into context, if you ask for more, will your empoyer see that as a threat, or see it as an opportunity to reward? phrase your request well and you may get that raise, but if the job sheets only full to xmas, dont over price yourself out of a job come new year!" - just my opinion - and most of the time its easier as a employee than an employer remember - you dont get alot of the stresses, especially when you worrry about filling weeks of work for lads

j.

I am getting this wrong..? The op post states he works 9 hours with one hour unpaid lunch break. I make his daily wage less than 80 quid. For a climber with 6 years experience. I would have thought that is not that good. Please correct me if I am wrong?

I do agree with the majority here though. I would talk to him and let him know your thoughts. Other than that you are free to leave. Good luck.

Ho ho! As soon as I saw the thread I knew that Stevie would get a good post in :lol:

Good to have a rant and get it off your chest. Maybe you should be getting paid more but to be fair you have no idea of how hard or what sacrifices your boss has made over the years to get where he is today (not that it matters if he's had it easy all his life!)

Fair or not it boils down to a choice in that you can risk it and start looking for another job or just accept that your not going to get paid more than you are at the moment.

Stephen Blairs reply say it all. I run a company with staff, vehicles, kit and all the paperwork, expense, stress and other stuff that goes on behind then scenes you don't see.

You get a regular wage and time to see your family. Have a quiet word with the boss to discuss your pay but dont burn your bridges!

Enjoy your newborn as time goes very quicky and you dont get a replay!!

I think as normal Stevie has hit the nail on the head with his great post

He has many a wise word to say.

You need to sit down with your Boss and have a chat, But dont fall out over this you sound like you need a job with a young family to feed

Untill your little one is older you wont spend much time with them this is the price we have to pay when we go to work, Some days my kids are in bed when I go out and back in bed when I get back

I think you have some grounds for being a bit ticked off.

You were told at interview that you could expect more money, so you need to ask why you have not received it and if there is a problem that has prevented the increase try to find a way to address it.

I answer to you question, no you are not greedy and no I would not be happy.