why do some people angle there greedy boards

orang utah

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Me and my mate where wondering today why some arb trucks have angled greedy boards or have the corners cut off :confused1:

mine are straight and i cant see any reason for it , am i just not in the know

Hang on a minute!!! Are you Alex???!!! Me and my mate were having this exact conversation today (18/10/10) - wiieeeerrrrrrrrd!!! Just put straight 8x4 marine ply ones on my trailer since the previous "sawn-off ones" aka angled were not holding enough chip or rather we were piling it forward and making too much nose weight...

Telepathy or what!

Edited by TimberCutterDartmoor

TBH I may get rid of mine, seeing as I'm overweight with a barely level load....

Have you tried getting someone else to drive and walking alongside the vehicle? You would shed some pounds and make life easier on them poor springs. Hahahahaha.

Sorry.

Also when you tip the corner makes a pointy bit that can poke you in the eye when you go round back to assist the chip out onto the pile.

Cuttign it at the corresponding angle to your tipper angle makes for an upright edge on the back when tipping!

Mine is square though and nearly pokes my eye out everytime!! Its metal not ply, but I might cut the angle off one day, and its flaps about a bit.