Open top bus highways prunning

Arborowen

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Used to have one in Swindon. not used it myself, but the chipper was mounted on the top deck, you could chip over the side or into a container on the lower deck.

You won't need any TM because you are mobile, a bit like gully cleaning, you need a blue arrows on the back and some flashing lights, thats about it.

so its just like a hedge trimmer on a tractor? lights and arrow

sounds like a bloody brilliant idea if you ask me! :thumbup:

I think York council tried this method on their bus routes (a lot of their busses are open top, and a branch in the face often offends).

Quite good as far as altenative uses for council vehicles, but not as good as the refuse lorry that manchester council used to chip into the back of.

kirklees council have one seen it in birkby last month butcher bus

Are you sure

would be interested on details

West Yorkshire Metro converted one for all the councils to use

It came around Kirklees butchering trees as all staff had absolutely no idea.:blushing:

As far as i know it has been totally banned from Kirklees:thumbup:

So if anyone has seen it this year or does see it please PM me :thumbup:

Leeds Council used a bus last year just before The Leeds and Reding Festival on the Bramham to Thorner Rd. This year the Festival got a crew in and as far as I can tell they climbed the trees this time to reduce the over hanging branches.

i think it was actually bramham park that did this scott as it was mick rhodes' lads who did it and they do the majority of bramham's work as far as i know.