Ivy on a house

RobRainford

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not being funny Rob, but I would rather cut his grass once a week for the next two summers rather than cut the Ivy.

If you price for it, just make sure you can get a weekend away out of it with the woman of your dreams, otherwise its not worth doing.

Job from hell IMO.

Edit, can you tell i dont like Ivy? Lol!

Cheers for the response already. Didn't think about a mewp actually. There's a hedge to do also so I'm gonna price for the hedge and for the ivy. As I think it's all going to be horrible. I don't like working on ladders. My knees shake like hell and I just don't like them!

I can't get my truck in their drive as they have a roof thing over there driveway that's at the 7ft level. Can't get much in there! They did say they will be after a couple of quotes. But if I don't get the ivy job I'm not all bothered. I was thinking 2 days. The reason I thought scaffolding was because there's a scaffolding firm on our yard who use our shed so I'd probably get a good rate off them. There's even a chance they want it severing at the bottom and leaving to die off to let the creeper take over.

Good job I said I'll get back to them!

Have you definitely got the job? If so, cut it and then go back to it. Easier to peel off when its dead.

And I'm with 18 Stoner in the Ivy Appreciation Club....

I hate ivy too! So fustrating!

If I was just to cut it at window level it may work. I could use stepladders to do that bit. Other ladders are just a big no for me!

If you do it right, its not that bad a job, removal is much easier than trimming, IMO.

Start at the bottom, get it off in a big sheet, cut into strips and chip.

Problem with that is no chipper unfortunately :( if only I could afford one.

Getting a small mewp in with enough height would do me nicely possibly. Are there any regulations for hiring them?

Well Well funny. I have just gone out and given a quote for a house just like that full of Ivy from roof to the floor all over . really looking forward to my ivy house got several days booked in to start with then when thats done its the garage thats completely covered in it they want completely off too. then the gates really nice people so more then happy to do the job for them .

I find the best way to remove it with a flat tool to slide under it . the other day I did some on another house and it was so thick at the bottom I had to wedge things behind it to get it away from the wall then take the chainsaw to it in sections.

Littltree:thumbup: