Socks

melvyn

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Moi. But aren't there two types; off the peg and oven formed and the latter are reputedly superior?

actually there are a few types of superfeet, thin ones for the heel wearers, to stiffer ones for the heavy footed,

re moulded orthotics, it depends what your needs are and how good/ bad your feet are,,, i spend most of my life bare foot,, i have very strong feet, never use footbeds,

BUT lucy has appalling feet, her arches are collapsed and her feet are wrecked, this is from years of clamping snowboard bindings down squashing her feet, so footbeds force her feet back into shape giving her an arch back, the arch is effectively the suspension, without it there's no suspension..

so, back to moulded,, they cost alot more and some love em some hate em, they MUST be fitted by someone who knows what they are doing,, snow and rock are at the forefront of this in action sports, but you can get em from your doc etc etc

to be honest,, first thing is to try superfeet, they cost £30 and you can trim them yourself,the big difference is that they are not moulded all the way round your feet, the shape of the heel cup is designed so that a small bone ion the inside of your heel is supported, this forces your arch into shape. this allows your foot to do what it is supposed to,, a moulded one will be totally moulded to the shape of your foot and as such it is down to the flex in the footbed to allow your foot to move as it should,

they're not for everyone,,, IanH feel free to correct any mistakes, it's been a couple of years since i was involved with this,

You might like the Woolpower Thermal Socks for when the temperature dips a bit... brilliant in the colder weather, really keep your feet toasty warm, soft on the skin and they come up high enough to come over boots. Very popular with our forestry customers.

Woolpower Thermal Socks | 400g Merino Wool

There's a bit more info on Woolpower on this thread if interested:

http://arbtalk.co.uk/forum/clark-cutandclimb/11674-woolpower-thermal-clothing.html

Moi. But aren't there two types; off the peg and oven formed and the latter are reputedly superior?

not superior TCD,, just a different option,,, i've worked on people in the past that should never have custom footbeds, and then others that suit customs and not off the peg..

it's all about your feet and what's best for em,,:thumbup:

i have a few pairs of smartwool, a pair of bridgedale and a pair of salomon left/rights that i wear in my chainsaw boots. the salomon are great as they are shaped to the one foot and have an l or an r to show which foot is which (something to do with the seams apparently, not my inability to tell left from right:sneaky2:)