How long????

Tree cutter Stu

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 years at Uni doing my hons degree in countryside management, 8 months as a waiter then i did my cs 30 ,31 and 38 and started my RFS cert ARB and got a job. been doing it now for 5 and a bit years.

Jamie

started work in a garden center!!! and decided pansies wernt enough so got a job with a local arb approved firm, with them for nrly 4 years then got sacked for something silly and 1 year on my own and still going strong, so thats 5 years

Pro-wise since 1996, but on and off since early teens messing around felling stuff, coppicing and woodland management at 19. Cant help but wonder where all the newly qualified arb students are going to get jobs this year, and out of those how many will be around in a further 5 years.

14 years...used to work weekends and holidays for my dad but at 16 i never wanted to be an arborist probably wanted to join spiral tribe or somthing infact i can remember my first few months of full time employment being complete hell! torchered by the climbers and working my nuts off trying to impress people and that didnt evan care or notice how hard your working after a while though i actually started too enjoy the hard work and team work and wanted to progress further....been stuck in it since!

I seem to remember hearing it was about 3 years for the average climber to get burnt out and pack it in after leaving college.....seen a lot of people come and go in around that time.

i went to college at 16 for 2 years doing a forestry ND, left and went self employed as there were no jobs going. 9 years later and i still havent found a job but have got my own small company and plenty of freelance work.

Just turned 34 last month and only been in the tree felling business for 15 months proparly, but been able to use a chainsaw since '95 when I sat the assessment for the first time. Been working in the countryside, sawmills country parks and farms since then. I have the enthusasim for the job and I don't know when I will give up. I get paid to climb trees!!!

16 years here and i can tell you now you will never ever get a better job. if any one here thinks theyve had enough of tree work one day and you will give your self a few good slaps and tell yourself to shut up ive got the best job in the world! ...this is good advice take it!