some of my missfortunes!!...whats yours??

Sully

I spent a few days burning pine trees that self set on the Heath, the fire was being loaded by tractor, so fairly big. Surprised to see two sweaty and p-ed off fireman who had had to trek a bout a mile over the Heath searching for the fire. I politely explained what I was doing, and the precautions I have taken to prevent it getting out of control...( basically saying "look, I know what am doing")

5 days later I met the same firemen, as they were kindly putting out about 4 acres of Heath, that my fire had burnt... (Got a proper bollocking then)

( in my defence the fire did travel underground a fair distance before emerging out)

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

De limbed a conni with a phone line through it, just started chogging it down, decided to throw top handle straight on top of phone line! And rip facia off the house!

Slipped on a wet oak reduction saw contacted main line :/

Felled the top out of a poplar..... Straight onto the chap I working for ladder!

Drove fully loaded tipper into boggy field!..... It took a land rover, a 3tonne dumper and a manitou to get it out.

Fell through a fence panel with a hedge trimmer!

Then there was this! ImageUploadedByArbtalk1378760102.670539.jpg.46730c36d7641e7dd7c8f6123a1526a2.jpg

Just to name a few!

Sent using Arbtalk Mobile App

Grinding a little stump in a back garden with my rg13 when it grabbed hold and flung itself and me through the panel fence into next doors garden :rolleyes:

Chogging down a tree in another garden, dropped a log down which disappears through a hidden manhole into a septic tank,refused to go and retrieve it!

De limbed a conni with a phone line through it, just started chogging it down, decided to throw top handle straight on top of phone line! And rip facia off the house!

Slipped on a wet oak reduction saw contacted main line :/

Felled the top out of a poplar..... Straight onto the chap I working for ladder!

Drove fully loaded tipper into boggy field!..... It took a land rover, a 3tonne dumper and a manitou to get it out.

Fell through a fence panel with a hedge trimmer!

Then there was this! [ATTACH]134265[/ATTACH]

Just to name a few!

That looks like a wicked Silky cut!

Please don't ever ask me to work with you 🚑

The only two that come to mind for me are:

First day using a new stump grinder (first time using one) the machine sent a bit of flint flying which hit my colleague in the shin. He was hopping/limping for months. After dropping him off at A&E, i carried on at the next job and put a stone through a patio window. Not a good day. Quickly leant to use shin-pads and guards.

After a really hard day on a massive Poplar I reversed the truck into the chipper and knocked it over. It thanked me by emptying all (5 litres-ish) of its engine oil all over the road.

Had a pedestrian stump grinder 'find' an embedded golf ball which it then fired in my direction. I realised what had happened just as the ball hit the floor. I was wearing saw pants too when this happened. Oh Christ the pain!

This was the day after!

[ATTACH]134325[/ATTACH]

Looks like you were lucky! A bit higher and that would have been eye watering!!