Public Liability insurance

Tom2020

Hey guys starting my own little company to make a few quid Just pruning trees mainly and hanging bird boxes.What the chance of me getting Public Liability insurance and do i really need it?

Im 18 with cs38 and cs40

Im manily just seeing what is involved in it mainly and to see if i could make something out of it

Cheers,

Tom

Public liabilitiy is all you'll need, but if your doing tree work you'll need cs30,31 min as im just sorting out my insurance with trust and they've asked me for proof of cs30,31,38 and 39 and if i have any others i wish to submit. Also it recommended to have 5 million but not essential i ran a 2 million for a while but have put it up to 5 million for council lists.

I have rang 27Companys in the last day and all have said no to me Im looking for a £1million pound cover Just for myself

All are saying i have to be over 21 to take cover out. Is there away could get my dad to take out the cover for me but for it to still only cover me so I woudent have to pay more then i should have to.

alright mate, im 24, self employed, just got £1m public liability with no height restriction, for approx £350 per year, including legal (if anything ever did go to court the insurance would cover the legal costs).

I do mainly small garden trees, no monsters.

hope this helps, (pm me if you would like the details of my insurance broker)

chris

be careful Tom, PL is great, but remember, if people are working under your guidance (groundies), you should have employers liability...one way around this is to work with people with their own insurance (if they are will to work under it). The insurance brokers will tell you what you should have (and encourage you to part with a few quid for it!).

We had a recent H&S bulletin from our Head Office (National Company) stating that we can no longer work with or sub contract to anyone with less than £5 million public liability - which stated (paraphrased) that any contractors who have cover of less than £5 million were considered to be underinsured (they kind of insinuated that they have a poor attitude to health and safety and shouldnt be touched with someone elses!).

I agree that you will need employers liabilty insurance if you will have anyone working for you at any time

be careful Tom, PL is great, but remember, if people are working under your guidance (groundies), you should have employers liability...one way around this is to work with people with their own insurance (if they are will to work under it). The insurance brokers will tell you what you should have (and encourage you to part with a few quid for it!).

but if they are working under your instruction then you need employers liability