Public Liability insurance

Tom2020

Think you would be wise to gain some experience from a good arb company before venturing out on your own , too many novices hacking our tree stock!

Some might call me a novice but Im only doing Tree pruning not felling any trees Just yet. I have been pruning trees Doing crown lifts anything like for just over 4months so i have a good idea on how to prune a tree

I have now had to go into a partnership with a fully qualified lad has everything cs 30 31 32 34 38 39 and 40 41 First aid Chipper and mewps

Seems to good to be true

He's a young lad like me and has the same ambitions as me put him self thru all tickets i have checked all qualifications so far its looking good:thumbup:

Some might call me a novice but Im only doing Tree pruning not felling any trees Just yet. I have been pruning trees Doing crown lifts anything like for just over 4months so i have a good idea on how to prune a tree

I have now had to go into a partnership with a fully qualified lad has everything cs 30 31 32 34 38 39 and 40 41 First aid Chipper and mewps

Seems to good to be true

He's a young lad like me and has the same ambitions as me put him self thru all tickets i have checked all qualifications so far its looking good:thumbup:

Is he over 21? just wondering because you can register for buisness insurance under his name .... T/A (your company) then you just get filled in partners box on the insurance doc. :confused1:

Although i will be honest not harsh! I know people who have done a college course and setup shop, they messed up some beauitful trees and got in a muddle with difficult dismantles because of the lack of experience. IMO experience is the key not cs whatever. If you guys are able to grab work subbying individually or as a pair from a larger company whilst your buisness is in its infancy, i would get some job experience from seasoned climbers. I did and its seen me through better than some but there is always a job thats out to confuse you.

Edited by Ian Flatters
honest truth moment

I dont tbh.

They will just operate without insurance.

If they get quoted a small fortune due to lack of experience, They wont anyway, They need to know thier place at the bottom of the ladder, Maybe more like it.

If the insurance companies are going to start charging newbies more, than I hope they are going to charge me less for not claiming in 15 years.

There not cherry picking there clients I hope.:sneaky2:

I would also like to see the reason why they dont want to insure younger less experienced tree workers.

Are there really that many people claiming on their insurance?

I dont know any that have.

The excess is like £500 so that must surely cover the majority of minor incidents.

If the insurance companies are going to start charging newbies more, than I hope they are going to charge me less for not claiming in 15 years.

There not cherry picking there clients I hope.:sneaky2:

I would also like to see the reason why they dont want to insure younger less experienced tree workers.

Are there really that many people claiming on their insurance?

I dont know any that have.

The excess is like £500 so that must surely cover the majority of minor incidents.

Often wondered about the high insurance costs myself, I've never claimed and don't know anyone who has.