Owls nest.

High Scale

Contact the client, assess the Heath and safety implacations of the tree work, perhaps fence of the danger area until owl has felged and moved on, then reduce the tree to a safe standing stem, leaving the nest site (unlightly to be higher in the tree than 8-10m) where possible and or erecting an Owl box.

Give your self a pat on the back for looking first well done. lol

That is what I would do in that situation.

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OK, the reason I asked was because I was called yesterday and told that a local company had the situation described by myself in the first post.

The guys on the ground called the boss for advice, the boss told the to fell the tree as he needed to get the invoice in.

They found a nest with two eggs in it.

As my mate said to me on the phone, "What C**TS!

OK, the reason I asked was because I was called yesterday and told that a local company had the situation described by myself in the first post.

The guys on the ground called the boss for advice, the boss told the to fell the tree as he needed to get the invoice in.

They found a nest with two eggs in it.

As my mate said to me on the phone, "What C**TS!

Its after reading that I really hope that there is "karma" and that they get theirs!!

That reminds me of a tale my grandad used to tell,

He worked as a boiler man at a mill,there was a guy he worked with who would catch spiders and put them on his coal shovel and hold the shovel over the fire and watch them run round till they died,if my grandad was there he would stop him.

One Monday morning his wife came to the mill, as he had not come home all weekend.

It transpired that he'd had a row with his wife on Friday morning,so Friday night he went to the pub had a few beers,then got fish and chips,not wanting to go home he went back to the mill.

Now on Fridays they would empty the boilers for cleaning and inspecting.They would stay warm for a fair while,so he had taken his fish and chips and climbed into a boiler to eat them,he must have fallen a sleep.

Saturday morning the weekend grew came in,fitted the man lid to the boiler,filled it with water and lit the fire!

Whether he drowned or was boiled alive is not known,but my grandad always said "what goes around comes around".:wave:

Its after reading that I really hope that there is "karma" and that they get theirs!!

Whether he drowned or was boiled alive is not known,but my grandad always said "what goes around comes around".:wave:

Great Story Huck. :icon14:

Makes you feel there's some kinda dabling with the natural order of things going on, dont it :wave:

Picture the scene, you're working in a protected woodland, you have a dead tree to fell, while making preparations you notice from a cavity in the tree a Owl fly out.

What would you do?

I would def leave alone. We disturbed a squirrel drey on Thursday and one of the little buggers fell out. Had to ab down put it in a bag and put it back.

I know they are vermin and damage trees etc but could not bring myself to just leave it there.

Owls- whole different story though.

Your boss should have just explained to the client the situation and asked for part payment. Then go back at the right time, finish the work and invoice the last bit.

If the client can't see the logic in that then your boss could have got legal backup to support his case.

He worked as a boiler man at a mill,there was a guy he worked with who would catch spiders and put them on his coal shovel and hold the shovel over the fire and watch them run round till they died,if my grandad was there he would stop him.

One Monday morning his wife came to the mill, as he had not come home all weekend.

It transpired that he'd had a row with his wife on Friday morning,so Friday night he went to the pub had a few beers,then got fish and chips,not wanting to go home he went back to the mill.

Now on Fridays they would empty the boilers for cleaning and inspecting.They would stay warm for a fair while,so he had taken his fish and chips and climbed into a boiler to eat them,he must have fallen a sleep.

Saturday morning the weekend grew came in,fitted the man lid to the boiler,filled it with water and lit the fire!

Brilliant ! I love stories like that !

You call it Karma, I call it natural justice!, sounds like that guy was no loss to the gene pool!