Ebay advert......must read last paragraph!!

MR TREEBUS

Finally I don't expect to sell a single one of these, but if I do I want you as a buyer to know that I as a seller couldn't give a monkey's what you think about the item. I'm happy with it which is why I decide to sell it. If you don't like it - tough. You're an adult, so you should be able to take responsibility for your decisions. If you can't and you're the type of modern day **** who blames everything on someone else and thinks daytime tv chat shows are educational, then don't buy from me.

:thumbup::thumbup:

If you have tried to use your chainsaw to trim back a hedge you will know it just doesn't work. Apart from that, it's dangerous.

If you have tried to use your hedge trimmer to cut back thick hedges, you will know that doesn't work either.

Unless you've got a commercial petrol trimmer, you're going to struggle with anything over about 20mm diameter, and thicker growth is impossible to cut through easily.

After struggling with my hedges last year I came up with a solution which combines the best attributes of both machines in one.

You will need to use a chainsaw as the base machine. The conversion to hedge trimmer uses bolt on parts, and it takes seconds to convert it back again.

Using this solution you will be able to trim any size hedge - thin, thick, dense, sparse - it won't matter, this will do it all.

If you buy the kit, I will need to know which chainsaw you have (make and model), and what bar size you are using (pitch, gauge and length).

You will need to drill at least one and maybe as many as four small diameter holes in your chainsaw bar. There is usually one hole already at the far end of the bar - the number of extra ones is personal choice.

Alternatively you can send me your bar and I will fit the conversion part here for you, or I can buy a bar to fit your saw, fit the part, and send it to you once it's all paid for.

The cost of the conversion part and fitting instructions is £19.99, plus delivery. If you need a replacement bar the cost will need to be added on.

This will work for any chainsaw. Petrol or electric, any bar size, any pitch, any gauge. I use an 18" bar on a Makita UC4020 electric chainsaw. I drilled two extra holes in the bar and to be honest I was a bit worried about weakening it. I have since removed the conversion and used the chainsaw normally, and it has not affected the strength at all.

If you have any questions, please feel free to ask, but I'm not going to tell you what I did to my chainsaw to make it twice as useful,

for half the cost of a hedge trimmer !

Finally I don't expect to sell a single one of these, but if I do I want you as a buyer to know that I as a seller couldn't give a monkey's what you think about the item. I'm happy with it which is why I decide to sell it. If you don't like it - tough. You're an adult, so you should be able to take responsibility for your decisions. If you can't and you're the type of modern day **** who blames everything on someone else and thinks daytime tv chat shows are educational, then don't buy from me.

What a salesman