Failed 31

Bob, its just an exercise/assessment, you'll get it next time. Feel bad when you cut through your hinge and send it through a house, not this. Losing the money/cost is annoying, but nothing more.

Dunno but maybe "the 3 second rule" could help you in future?

I was a "hinge zipper" but implementing the rule (last thing before starting any action is to concentrate for 3 seconds on what your are going to do before you stop at a safe point) helped me become efficient in terms of stopping before going through the hinge in this case?

Maybe you were thinking too many steps ahead like i initially was or too eager to please etc.?

Don`t stress or dwell on it, easy for a novice like me to say I know but look how many people fail their 1`st driving test for eg.?

Ditto all of the above sentiments.

Don’t dwell on the hinge thing. If your hinge wasn’t a problem in training, just take your time during the assessment, and “do what you did in training”.

The worst thing now would be to over-concentrate on your hinge, and have, for instance, chain brake use and no-go zones go out of the window.

Remember, it’s supposed to be fun. Enjoy showing the assessor what you can do.

oh, and fair play to you for posting (I would have kept sthum):sneaky2:

i nearly failed my 31 last year whilst at college, was really nervous n just made an arse of the first 2 trees. the assessor had seen me fell before tho and knew i could do it so he sent me back to the van for 10 mins to calm down then i came back up and felled perfectly. if it hadnt been that doug is a good guy i would also have failed. but like the rest say, you will get it next time. take your time and remember, it doesnt matter how long it takes you as far as the assessor is concerned, all he cares about is that you do it safely and do it the rite way.