Failed 31

You will get it next time,

When I did my training and assessment, I always put a nice straight stick in the gob cut so you can cut parallel to that. Then you have a nice level hinge.

Maybe try this before your next assessment.

Hope this may help.

When I did my training and assessment, I always put a nice straight stick in the gob cut so you can cut parallel to that. Then you have a nice level hinge.

Hope this may help.

HAHA the funny this is I did exactley this ive never found it useful in my training im not saying its a bad method just my opinion but the asescor said use what ever sticks or markings you want so I did when I wasnt use to it and still cut through my hinge.

Thanks for posting I didnt mean to sound rude.

Sounds like you were a bit nervous - you'll pass easily enough second time I'm sure. I watched one guy fail it because he just couldn't work out which way a tree wanted to fall. It was weird to watch him. He'd look at the tree, walk all round it examining the crown etc, then promptly try to fell it the wrong way. He did it in training then did it again in the exam. Assessor had to cut his saw out when the tree sat back on it, which meant felling at about shoulder height - he was not amused.

Hope this may help.

I did that on my training and assesment aswell, 2 - 3ft bit of thin bambo, sprayed it pink. and when i was doing my back cut, i would make sure that the bottom of the saw was always parallel with the stick. Worked really well.

I still have this bit sitting in my kit bag. :)