i just think

jamie wroe

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i dont think the ability to spell if i was interviewing the lad would come into it, my husband is dyslexic and if we were interviewing him for a tree workers position i would not spell check his c.v.. If I were interviewing him for a forestry foremans position as site safety officer than yes, I would want someone with more academic skills - so i think your spellings comments are to but it mildly harsh.

but Jamie as I think weve all commented - try and get the basic certificates - we started our company with little more than £50 in the bank and some grim determination to succeed, we took any and all work that came our way, paying for ourselves at the same time to go through 2 year part time college courses, at the same time bringing up a family with a mortgage and other commitments - if your determined and youve got to be - you WILL find a way to help yourself - take on gardening jobs, hedgecutting anything, make yourself known to local firms, ask for any casual work that comes your way to help finance the courses, if you sign on to a part time course at college it doesnt cost that much and they will get you ready for assessment then all you need is to pay for assessment when ready?

if you want to be in this industry YOU CAN but in this economic climate, it is difficult and no one is taking on new staff, so you have to persevere and offer something that they require - certification, but its like anything youve got to want it, and if you go to interviews showing that passion it will come across in the interview and help you get that job. - hopefully - best of luck and hope you get there

2 yrs ago we advertised and got 30 applicants

this year topped 350

so certs wiped out 300 and was narrowed down through application forms

So what can you do to even get to interview then it would be up to you to sell yourself

but it,s about getting to interview at least:thumbup:

if i was to get a interview i would show my worth i know that and i am very confident when i ring up the local company's in my area i am very confident and tell them ill do any job they have going still no look ill just have to keep my head up and hope thank you all for your advice

it took me 3 years to get into this game, but if i wasnt in my grass cutting, labouring job i would never of met the guy that got me an interview as a trainee climber. i did a test drive to the place the night before to ensure i wouldnt be late, i took my helmet and kit with me incase they wanted a demo of me working, your interview starys the second they clap eyes on you.

I am suprised how many people turn up late to a meeting or interview because they had problems finding the place etc. SWB i also do the if i am not sure do a reccy or leave very early, the worst thing in the world is being late. :sneaky2:

I am one of those that are dysleticlic. Its no problem and would never have a prob with anyone who wasnt a litery genius. Anyway the lad wants to cut trees, not write a novel.

On a very big positive for the lad he seems very keen :thumbup1:, as things are picking up i am sure you will get a chance and if you show your worth a clever boss will look after you.

Good luck chap

hate to say it its people like that who make life difficult for me to get a job paid my way everytime and how can i offer an employer anything like that!

Makes me sick sorry i know its my opinion but it does! at time like that i think to myself why they hell have i bothered to invest thousands of pounds in myself when i could have sat on my bum and got it all handed to me on a plate!

The government really can't win can they? They do all they can to get people off long-term dole and there's still someone who hates them for it :confused1:

Having lived on the dole I don't consider that guy lucky for having done it for over a year - it's not exactly a great life - not having enough money to go out, not being able to buy a round of drinks in the pub...

Not sure he's someone to be jealous of, that's all I'm saying.

i think in the dole world, he who moans and groans the most wins, so the muppets who know the system get all the good stuff, i was on a course last year for a week where to young lads appeared with all the gear, they were late, rude, back chatted, and didnt listen from the word go. I found it very entertaining when the little hard one had a panick attack about 30 feet up a sycamore, he kept saying i cant, i cant. he hadnt listened to a word the instructor had told him and he wouldnt take my advice, you should of seen his face when i got a hold of his prussik lol.

you make your own luck in this life, the sooner you get the idea of weekends off, luxuries like drink,fags, even fizzy juice out your head and just knuckle down and get on with it, the sooner you will succeed. you can live on diluting juice and gammon sannys for months on end, and cornflakes for your dinner. i used to do my weeks shopping for £12. it wasnt exactly jamie oliver but i survived. lol

there is so much work out there its unbelievable, maybe not clad from head to toe in stein gear playing with you hitch climber, but general dogs body work.

i think in the dole world, he who moans and groans the most wins, so the muppets who know the system get all the good stuff, i was on a course last year for a week where to young lads appeared with all the gear, they were late, rude, back chatted, and didnt listen from the word go. I found it very entertaining when the little hard one had a panick attack about 30 feet up a sycamore, he kept saying i cant, i cant. he hadnt listened to a word the instructor had told him and he wouldnt take my advice, you should of seen his face when i got a hold of his prussik lol.

you make your own luck in this life, the sooner you get the idea of weekends off, luxuries like drink,fags, even fizzy juice out your head and just knuckle down and get on with it, the sooner you will succeed. you can live on diluting juice and gammon sannys for months on end, and cornflakes for your dinner. i used to do my weeks shopping for £12. it wasnt exactly jamie oliver but i survived. lol

there is so much work out there its unbelievable, maybe not clad from head to toe in stein gear playing with you hitch climber, but general dogs body work.

Excellent post!! :001_cool: