i just think

jamie wroe

The government really can't win can they? They do all they can to get people off long-term dole and there's still someone who hates them for it :confused1:

Having lived on the dole I don't consider that guy lucky for having done it for over a year - it's not exactly a great life - not having enough money to go out, not being able to buy a round of drinks in the pub...

Not sure he's someone to be jealous of, that's all I'm saying.

work is terrible in my area, but i currently find myself working in a bar thorugh the night for £4.83 an hour so i cant go out as i cant afford to and as well as that i am working when all my friends are playing,

I do this because it will do me till i can find a better postion within a tree firm!

I can see my friends moaning about being on the dole and having no money, but i have had a job since i was 13 people who say there is know work out their is wrong, its normally a case of their is no work in what they want to do!

I found myself walking flood defenses on thursday laying mole traps for a few extra pennies, this is so i can get my PTS ticket hard work pays of what i have been taught and I do enjoy working hard so i personally couldnt sit on the dole as i am sure i would get cabin feaver or something lol!

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

when i was in a rutt, i was in it for about 3 years, i just couldnt get out it, everytime i got a bit saved up, another bill would come in, car would need a new clutch, mot was out for 18 months and i never knew, council tax getting hiked up. giving away your own stuff as christmas presents is embarrasing and very hard, making up stories why it isnt wrapped or in a box:blushing:i used to do 16 hour shifts shovelling coal on super tankers 100 feet below deck in the dark, climbing ladders in the dark with no harnesses, crawled out of bed at 5am and fell into it at 10.30pm. my first break was when i bought my first harness and spikes, and an o26. i also got a flip line and prussik, but i didnt know what the prussik was ha ha so i just had a 3m side strop which was interesting. i found an old dead tree at the side of the rd in a farmers field and decided to try and cut it down, everyone walking by stopped and watched, then finally a landscaper stopped and gave me abuse because he wanted the tree for firewood but couldnt cut it down, i gave him a hand to fill his van and he gave me a shift topping a conny, i did it all with a silky and gave me £60, then took me to another job and i did it there and then and he gave me another £50. I was now known as the tree guy. then through word of mouth i got an interview with a company. You have to get out there and be seen guys.

work is terrible in my area, but i currently find myself working in a bar thorugh the night for £4.83 an hour so i cant go out as i cant afford to and as well as that i am working when all my friends are playing,

I do this because it will do me till i can find a better postion within a tree firm!

I can see my friends moaning about being on the dole and having no money, but i have had a job since i was 13 people who say there is know work out their is wrong, its normally a case of their is no work in what they want to do!

I found myself walking flood defenses on thursday laying mole traps for a few extra pennies, this is so i can get my PTS ticket hard work pays of what i have been taught and I do enjoy working hard so i personally couldnt sit on the dole as i am sure i would get cabin feaver or something lol!

So true!!!!!!!!!

Unless the job center has closed its doors because all the jobs have gone, there is always work.

Your attitude is so refreshing Alex:thumbup:You truly have self respect, I feel sure you'll go far:thumbup1:

If we don't have pride and respect our selves no one else will.

So true!!!!!!!!!

Unless the job center has closed its doors because all the jobs have gone, there is always work.

Your attitude is so refreshing Alex:thumbup:You truly have self respect, I feel sure you'll go far:thumbup1:

If we don't have pride and respect our selves no one else will.

apologies on the spelling guys I must have been pissed or something bloody terrible!