Alinicoll

Climbers/ supervisors, do you have Cs 40 and/or Cs 41  

98 members have voted

1. 1. Climbers/ supervisors, do you have Cs 40 and/or Cs 41

• No
    • Cs 40
    • Cs 41
    • Both

not been funny but in time if you want to go for contracts with reputable firms or LA ect your tender will not even be looked at

even public have asked me for proof on quals ect as when tpo consent is given this leaflet is sometimes sent Leaflet "Treework - Choosing your Arborist"

tbh if you are planning on doing trees for several years to come why fight what will inevitably cost you work which IMO is silly

As a seperate point the HSE are running a series of FREE workshops around the country for folk that contract work out and most of them are already FULL

When i have been on mine on the 28th April I will enlighten you on what is suggested to be required.

I for 1 would not give out any work to unqualified or non compliant company,s as if anything goes wrong MY neck would be on the line for not checking or enforcing

So may be worth considering what you may be loosing rather than bitching and carrying on

or stick your heads in the sand and watch compliant firms grow as you shrivel up:confused1:

Which I have.

I do work for LA's and utility Co's the date of my cert has come up when tendering, I have always put forward the argument that I have set out in my earlier posts and they have always agreed that what I say makes sense. And they have always been more than happy with the standard and safety of our work.

Maybe a time will come when commercial pressures make me have a rethink, but I am still waiting for some one to explain to me why we are a special case who have to keep proving our competence.

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Which I have.

I do work for LA's and utility Co's the date of my cert has come up when tendering, I have always put forward the argument that I have set out in my earlier posts and they have always agreed that what I say makes sense. And they have always been more than happy with the standard and safety of our work.

Maybe a time will come when commercial pressures make me have a rethink, but I am still waiting for some one to explain to me why we are a special case who have to keep proving our competence.

thats fine whilst they accept that

but why put themselves at risk

I dont think it,s us thats a special case

most quals have a full expiry date which nptc have fought

hiab,mewp,crane,cpcs, cta plant, and now HGV to name a few

and as i say what would happen if they decided not to accept you word that you know what your doing the time and work you could stand to loose as well as letting another company get a foot in the door.

again just my opinion and this is my last post on this thread as i would like it not to be seen as my crusade and there may be others with differing views:thumbup:

This is not aimed at you dave this is aimed at anyone

I think some middle ground is called for here.

A one day practical forum / reassesment would surely be more than enough to show that the likes of Huck etc. were still competent in most units from CS30-41?

Reasonably priced, and at say 5 year intervals, I think a lot more people would come on board.

A one day practical forum / reassesment would surely be more than enough to show that the likes of Huck etc. were still competent in most units from CS30-41?

Reasonably priced, and at say 5 year intervals, I think a lot more people would come on board.

:thumbup::dito::congrats:

THAT sounds like a very good idea. :thumbup1:

if you are confident of you abilities then just book an assesor . prune a tree then cut off some limbs and do some lowering, then answer some questions.

simples. doesnt cost much.:thumbup1:

I don't have 40/41 but I would like to do them this year.

Whilst I do rate myself competent, I'm sure I can learn more.

Every little tip that saves 5 mins on a job all adds up.

A bunch of us down here were all set to do 41 last year and it fell through due to some of the lads not being able to afford it. I hope to resurrect that when work starts shifting again.