• No
    • Cs 40
    • Cs 41
    • Both

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I get bored of hearing this "your insurance won't payout" tosh.

Please give me ONE example of this happening.

I was rigging before 41 even existed, so how was I insured then??:confused1:

from a professional your attitude suprises me. No rescuer even though you are an employee of your own company & prepared to take the risk over a couple of £100 of certs. rebel is noble, but without a cause??

Just a basic question then how much will it cost me to refresh my units 20,21,22 do they count for anything??? how much to do a rescue and how much for rigging?? add it up and give me a grand total maybe i will consider it and try and go in with an open mind and fresh aproach...instead of winding my self up over thinking the whole thing is just a con!!!

The most dangerous thing I do most days is drive to site. I took my driving test 23 years ago, at the time there was no the theory test or separate test for trailers and 7.5 tonners. Since then the test has changed to include all of these, but the is no suggestion that those who took the old test stould now take the new one or that their license is in any way inferior.

My farther served his time as a joiner 50 years ago, he is a better joiner know than ever, because of experience, there would never be any suggestion that he should retrain and it would be insulting to suggest he should.

Why are we any different from any other trade, why do we have to continue to line the pockets of the training providers.

I honestly think the reason we are being pushed to retrain and there is an endless supply of new tickets to take is that we are a small industry and the training providers want us all on a carousel going round every 5years keeping them in a living.

not been funny but in time if you want to go for contracts with reputable firms or LA ect your tender will not even be looked at

even public have asked me for proof on quals ect as when tpo consent is given this leaflet is sometimes sent Leaflet "Treework - Choosing your Arborist"

tbh if you are planning on doing trees for several years to come why fight what will inevitably cost you work which IMO is silly

As a seperate point the HSE are running a series of FREE workshops around the country for folk that contract work out and most of them are already FULL

When i have been on mine on the 28th April I will enlighten you on what is suggested to be required.

I for 1 would not give out any work to unqualified or non compliant company,s as if anything goes wrong MY neck would be on the line for not checking or enforcing

So may be worth considering what you may be loosing rather than bitching and carrying on

or stick your heads in the sand and watch compliant firms grow as you shrivel up:confused1:

I have been working without 40/41 for ten years and I know I have missed out because I have had to learn about rigging/pruning the hard way - e.g. learn by your mistakes. I still make them sometimes!

I am due to complete 40/41 this spring.

Skyhuck. I kind of see your point. Your defending your experience, which I m sure is extensive. However, I am sure you will agree, we never stop learning.