ArbDogs? Pics!

Burnham

59 minutes ago, roboted said:

Well the old girl has been laying beside my chair tonight. Grumbling, farting and chasing rabbits so all is well in my world 😊

Love that, you know they're content with things when they're dream hunting.

• Like 4

Miss my content little buddy of an evening! Been looking again [emoji849] but still cant bring myself to get one with me being out so long every day! [emoji36] people say they get used to it / adapt but 9 - 10 hrs a day is defo too long for em being on their own

• Like 5

6 minutes ago, Ratman said:

Miss my content little buddy of an evening! Been looking again emoji849.png but still cant bring myself to get one with me being out so long every day! emoji36.png people say they get used to it / adapt but 9 - 10 hrs a day is defo too long for em being on their own

Wouldn't know what to suggest on that one apart from exploring every Avenue. Hope you  find a solution mate.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Ratman said:

Miss my content little buddy of an evening! Been looking again emoji849.png but still cant bring myself to get one with me being out so long every day! emoji36.png people say they get used to it / adapt but 9 - 10 hrs a day is defo too long for em being on their own

Does feel strange when there are none around you. Agree though, it's too long to leave them alone for, especially with a "new" dog 

• Like 4

Wouldn't know what to suggest on that one apart from exploring every Avenue. Hope you  find a solution mate.

Lifes great being single, no hassles and only myself to fall out with these days! 🤠 Aggs went to my dads every day during lock down (so shortly after the split in 2019) so worked out great, company for her, company for him. Lost her september last year, but couldnt inflict a pup on him now, hes 73 and slowing down a lot. I’ve not mentioned the subject to him [emoji16] and i’m sure he’d probably oblige but pups are a real handful as we all know! [emoji16]🤣 great characters in their younger years but can take their toll on you energy wise too. I’ll defo have another in yrs to come but will be in retirement for me i think where i dont need to rely on others for care. Thats at least 15+ yrs off yet easy! Unless i find another wench to settle down with….. but i’m not up for that as yet 🤠 happy doing my own thing at min! Just really miss having a four legged fiend [emoji36][emoji30]
  • Like 3

8 hours ago, Ratman said:

Lifes great being single, no hassles and only myself to fall out with these days! 🤠 Aggs went to my dads every day during lock down (so shortly after the split in 2019) so worked out great, company for her, company for him. Lost her september last year, but couldnt inflict a pup on him now, hes 73 and slowing down a lot. I’ve not mentioned the subject to him emoji16.png and i’m sure he’d probably oblige but pups are a real handful as we all know! emoji16.png🤣 great characters in their younger years but can take their toll on you energy wise too. I’ll defo have another in yrs to come but will be in retirement for me i think where i dont need to rely on others for care. Thats at least 15+ yrs off yet easy! Unless i find another wench to settle down with….. but i’m not up for that as yet 🤠 happy doing my own thing at min! Just really miss having a four legged fiend emoji36.pngemoji30.png

Totally agree Ratty. We were both working full time in U.K. and didn't think it was fair to leave a dog all day on his own. Same here in France for the first 16 years, both working. We waited till we moved and adopted Charlie 11 months ago, fine, as I still work but my wife doesn't so she keeps him company. The only advice I can give you is the same as I've given Eggs, although he ignores it. Get yourself a big, fat bird as a companion, cook, cleaner "friend", etc, leave her at home with the dog,  a fridge well stocked with crap food to keep her there, dog's happy,  fat bird's happy. Everyone's a winner. Apart from Eggs. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

9 hours ago, Ratman said:

Lifes great being single, no hassles and only myself to fall out with these days! 🤠 Aggs went to my dads every day during lock down (so shortly after the split in 2019) so worked out great, company for her, company for him. Lost her september last year, but couldnt inflict a pup on him now, hes 73 and slowing down a lot. I’ve not mentioned the subject to him emoji16.png and i’m sure he’d probably oblige but pups are a real handful as we all know! emoji16.png🤣 great characters in their younger years but can take their toll on you energy wise too. I’ll defo have another in yrs to come but will be in retirement for me i think where i dont need to rely on others for care. Thats at least 15+ yrs off yet easy! Unless i find another wench to settle down with….. but i’m not up for that as yet 🤠 happy doing my own thing at min! Just really miss having a four legged fiend emoji36.pngemoji30.png

Was your dog a working one?  If it was a pet could you not rescue/re-home an older one that your dad could manage?

• Like 5

That's what I woke up thinking too Ratman. I've fostered problem dogs for a local rescue charity and there's a lot of dogs looking for a home that may be suitable for your Dad to look after and be great company for you both.

I've currently got a holidaymaker in my pack. A former athlete that belongs to an 80yr old who manages the dog fine. He's great company, very chilled and wouldn't need much effort from your Dad

DSC_0741.thumb.JPG.6791fd2edae76a7fd12567af46ac67f3.JPG

• Like 8