Husqvarna QC330 battery charger Failed - any ideas?

Slad

QC330 just stopped working.  Never leaves the house, sits in the corner, hardly used.  Now an orange paperweight.  Anyone know how to fix these?  Quite a few posts about Husqvarna chargers failing.  I wouldn't mind but they're stupid money.

Mine did same under warranty - sent it to FR Jones for repair - think that's what made them go bust! Never got the charger back - was about £120 for a new one.

• Sad 1

Had to replace mine recently. Only seen domestic use but out of warranty. Not longer after I had a battery die as well. Thought going electric would save money but the cost of replacing the charger & battery would have paid for a lot if 2 stroke. Not aware of any repair options.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
17 hours ago, adw said:

How old is it, the date of manufacture will be on the back.

Coming up 2 years.  Should last longer? 

How long did yours last before it went bang?

Edited by Slad

19 minutes ago, Logjam said:

Had to replace mine recently. Only seen domestic use but out of warranty. Not longer after I had a battery die as well. Thought going electric would save money but the cost of replacing the charger & battery would have paid for a lot if 2 stroke. Not aware of any repair options.

If I'm going to need a new charger every couple of years, I'm going back to 2 stroke!

There's a few youtube videos showing the bit t replace. Might try a fix.  Was hoping others on here have tried.  It's just a charger.

I had a charger and 200x battery die on me out of nowhere. Both were covered under warranty for me thankfully, but only just. I’ve got a few bits of husky battery kit and they’re good tools, but they’re built like toys. Ditto the batteries and chargers. 

I hear a lot of issues regarding the 330 charger. I’ve had a 500 charger for 4 years now and used daily and never failed yet. Even the batteries have been fine. 

• Like 1