EMF

Johnsond

22 hours ago, Steven P said:

soiling the view perhaps going over the endless plantations of spruce.

Or passing 100m from my house, the new Beauly- Peterhead line is, 200 acre substaion 2 miles away and then the battery storage added on top of all that, hopeless all for the greater good.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, htb said:

Or passing 100m from my house, the new Beauly- Peterhead line is, 200 acre substaion 2 miles away and then the battery storage added on top of all that, hopeless all for the greater good.

The scale of what’s going on up here is  probably far greater than people realise. SSE are playing a very clever, cynical corporate game. Zero f…s given about the locals. 

• Like 2

But can you blame SSE?  Their project management leaves something to be desired certainly 🤭  but the project to bring wind-generated leccy to Scotland from the Shetlands isn't their baby; they were told to do it by Ofgem and given a 7-figure budget for it

1 hour ago, htb said:

Unfortunately - not a situation I would like either.

Not a project I know much about but every day is a learning day, is the 200 acres all substation structures or is that the total footprint of the site with landscaping and so on do you know?

12 minutes ago, Steven P said:

Unfortunately - not a situation I would like either.

Not a project I know much about but every day is a learning day, is the 200 acres all substation structures or is that the total footprint of the site with landscaping and so on do you know?

For one of the other substation sites the area quoted is 860 acres :dong:

WWW.HERALDSCOTLAND.COM

The views from Annette George’s Highlands cottage are of an unspoiled, peaceful rural idyll, spanning lands held by one of Scotland’s ancient…

To me it seems mad to build all these pylons, powerlines, and substations to take "green" energy down to the big cities, when the homes they tower over and bypass are still heated with oil, coal, sometimes peat, and the vehicles and machinery are mainly fossil fuelled too.

Why not incentivise the use of renewable energy close to the source

44 minutes ago, nepia said:

But can you blame SSE?  Their project management leaves something to be desired certainly 🤭  but the project to bring wind-generated leccy to Scotland from the Shetlands isn't their baby; they were told to do it by Ofgem and given a 7-figure budget for it

The wind farms are all along the east coast 

moray east, moray west, sea green etc etc a licence to print money. Sadly the politicians in particular the green idiots in Scotland have given this environmental disaster the green light up here. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, scbk said:

For one of the other substation sites the area quoted is 860 acres :dong:

Loch Buidhe above Bonar bridge 577Hectares for Substation, construction compound etc. You cant make it up. Tats why we are selling up from Aberdeensire and moving into the Brecon Beacons National park, its safer for now.

• Like 1