Whinjuries

peds

Thank you, but for God's sake will you people try and stay on topic for once. Have you ever stabbed the pad of your thumb trying to get a car key into a frozen lock? Have you ever caught a flap of skin in the zip of a wetsuit? Did you ever accidentally mix the wrong cleaning products in a bucket and nearly die in a poorly-ventilated bathroom?

This place. Honestly. 

• Haha 3

6 minutes ago, peds said:

Did you ever accidentally mix the wrong cleaning products in a bucket and nearly die in a poorly-ventilated bathroom?

No but my old ma did!

She did cleaning for various places around when I was a nipper. At one house owned by a surgeon, she decided to hit the tiled floor in the hallway hard. The usual mop and bucket wasn't getting it done so she mixed (I think) bleach, vim and hot water then took to her knees with a scrubbing brush. The surgeon returned home to mum sat on the bottom step, woosy and not making much sense, he took her outside and after a while she improved enough for him to explain that she'd basically created (iirc) a rough approximation of first world war chlorine gas.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Dan said:

Sometimes the tip of my left elbow is slightly tender when it brushes against something.

Is that the kind of thing you want? 

Absolutely, yeah. I have a tiny piece of gravel in my left elbow that moves around all the time, sometimes it's fine but other times I'll put elbows on the table and lean on it and it's like a little shard of broken glass sticking right up into the bone. Very whinge-worthy.

23 minutes ago, peds said:

Thank you, but for God's sake will you people try and stay on topic for once. Have you ever stabbed the pad of your thumb trying to get a car key into a frozen lock? Have you ever caught a flap of skin in the zip of a wetsuit? Did you ever accidentally mix the wrong cleaning products in a bucket and nearly die in a poorly-ventilated bathroom?

This place. Honestly. 

As a kid i once decided to see what happened when you filled a bathroom cabinet with deodorant and lit it.

Hospital happens. Does that count?

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

The extension flat roof when I was maybe 10 had a raised lawn close to one side with a distance in height of a couple of meters between them. I remember patiently waiting on the flat roof (completely verboten) for dad to come by before declaring myself the '6 million dollar man' and launching off the roof. Being an experienced stunt coordinator I landed safely of course, but did emerge from the day's events with an extremely sore arse when dad had finished showing the extremes of his displeasure.

Learnt from it though, kind of.

Few years on and playing with a mate and his brother at the farm house they lived in, we decided it'd be great to jump from their second floor bedroom window to the garden below, but it seemed quite high. We needed a pile of mattresses which helpfully were readily available in all bedrooms. The plan worked great and much fun was had, when his dad passed by he laughed but suggested enough was enough and his mum best not find out. Just a few more jumps then we thought, but we misjudged it and his mum appeared. She didn't laugh and sore arses prevailed. I was particularly aggrieved as I got one from her and had the indignity of a second round from my mum when I got home.

Those were the days.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1