The wonders of Google Maps. And adipophilia.

sime42

As an aside, whilst on the subject of early human migration.

How amazing is it that caucasians are 1 or 2% Neanderthal and Africans have no Neanderthal genes?

Must have caused some pisstake around the campfires.

’you literally shagged a neanderthal mate, so don’t talk about my bird like that’

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

1 minute ago, Mike Hill said:

There used to be Reindyr as far south as modern day Germany. If European's could have sustained themselves on risk free fruit,vege & cereals I think they might have stayed put.

Genetically we are identical to them,it's just we convinced ourselves on what constitutes a balanced diet or really what some companies can make a buck from.

Not to mention that we existed as hunter gatherers for the overwhelming majority of our time as a species. We've only been processing food like grains etc for a small percentage of that time.

I wonder how many diabetics/celiacs etc they're were before then.

2 hours ago, peds said:

On your first point, the same as today, but less domesticated. Wild roots an tubers, nuts, seeds. Wild parsnip, lesser celandine, dandelion, etc. 

Edit to add: these roots and tubers come with the added bonus of not being able to fight back or defend themselves when attacked, unlike most sentient lifeforms, making them a particularly appealing choice when faced with potential maiming or death at the tusks of a mastodon.

On your second point, there are many incredibly large herbivorous species who would disagree with you.

I'm not denying that we ate other things 🤣 you couldnt thrive on a diet of veg in those times though. It was supplementary to a carnivorous diet. We were purely opportunistic.

I'm not sure what you're trying to prove mentioning other herbivorous species. That's entirely irrelevant. 

7 minutes ago, Mick Dempsey said:

As an aside, whilst on the subject of early human migration.

How amazing is it that caucasians are 1 or 2% Neanderthal and Africans have no Neanderthal genes?

Must have caused some pisstake around the campfires.

’you literally shagged a neanderthal mate, so don’t talk about my bird like that’

Hence the phrase bumping uglies

Just now, Joe Newton said:

I'm not sure what you're trying to prove mentioning other herbivorous species. That's entirely irrelevant. 

Your idea that a plant-based diet isn't "nutrient dense" enough for humans to survive. It's nonsense. As evident by the number of species on the planet who survive - and thrive - on a plant-based diet.

3 minutes ago, peds said:

Your idea that a plant-based diet isn't "nutrient dense" enough for humans to survive. It's nonsense. As evident by the number of species on the planet who survive - and thrive - on a plant-based diet.

You're not reading my posts properly mate. At no point have i claimed that. I've said that in the hunter gatherer era it would've been impossible to survive without meat being the primary part of our diet.

Why on earth would i try and argue that with vegetarianism/veganism being so prevalent today,  regardless of how healthy i think it is?

23 minutes ago, Joe Newton said:

You're honestly trying to tell me that a diet based on good quality meat and greens is worse for you than eating mainly processed carbs?

You been on the crack?

I haven’t said anything of the sort, I haven’t mentioned good quality meat at any point in this discussion, shit quality cheap meat and its production/ consumption, yes. 

You said that it’s not possible to sustain a human on fruit and vegetables, you are wrong, it is possible and is happening in its millions right now. 

2 minutes ago, 5thelement said:

You been on the crack?

I haven’t said anything of the sort, I haven’t mentioned good quality meat at any point in this discussion, shit quality cheap meat and its production/ consumption, yes. 

You said that it’s not possible to sustain a human on fruit and vegetables, you are wrong, it is possible and is happening in its millions right now. 

Read my above post.i haven't said that at all. You're skim reading my comments and replying with disparaging remarks.

• Like 1