The wonders of Google Maps. And adipophilia.

sime42

4 hours ago, Mike Hill said:

Sure

But you are convinced eating so much meat has never been normal at any part of our evolution.  I would say that meat was likely the only constant in our diet as animals of some kind were available year round.

I live in Norway, foraging is pretty much a waste of time. If you want food, you shoot it or catch it. Farming is more or less a non starter on the West Coast.

Fun fact: Wild Reindyr has three times the omega 3 of Wild Salmon. Its so good that it can sell for £130 per kilo!

There is a huge difference between hunting for meat in inhospitable areas where foraging isn’t viable, and eating cheap meat daily, supplied to you with no effort at your local supermarket, where there are hundreds of alternative foods. 
When I was a kid we ate meat on Sunday, maybe some paste butties in the week, compare that with today’s norm, then factor in the fast food establishments, Macdonalds, Burger King, KFC etc, not common when I was a kid, now in every high street, packed out selling cheap processed meat products but nothing to do with the  obesity epidemic.😂

I'm sorry @5thelement but that's utter tosh.

Eating meat doesn't make you obese, going full carnivore is pretty healthy.

It's all the added "healthy" stuff that's the general cause, we as humans are designed like wolves to run on meat protein and animal fat.

All the nut oils and plant derived fats are bad for digestion, that's mostly why you get obese people. Wasn't it margarine that was originally a industrial solvent before they found how to make it stop going rancid?.

Edited by GarethM
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

You're also glossing over the fact that a lot of the premium quality grass-fed stuff is being exported to places where they actually care about such things, and being replaced with pink paste shite from industrial feedlots because that's all the vast majority of consumers need. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, GarethM said:

It's all the added "healthy" stuff that's the general cause, we as humans are designed like wolves to run on meat protein and animal fat.

All the nut oils and plant derived fats are bad for digestion, that's mostly why you get obese people. Wasn't it margarine that was originally an industrial solvent before they found how to make it stop going rancid?.

True carnivores have a mouth full of canines, we have 4 out of 32, that should be a simple way to explain, even to someone wearing blinkers,  how our diet ratio has developed, humans are designed like wolves, where do you get this shit from?😂

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
32 minutes ago, GarethM said:

All the nut oils and plant derived fats are bad for digestion, that's mostly why you get obese people. Wasn't it margarine that was originally a industrial solvent before they found how to make it stop going rancid?.

Talking of tosh.

I think you are confusing ultra processed "diet" foods with natural, largely plant based, whole foods, .

Since when have nut and plant oils been bad for you? Nuts and seeds are some of the healthiest things out there.

Edited by sime42
typo
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Joe Newton said:

If meat was bad for its lus we wouldn't have survived past the paleolithic era.

Why, was there a famine on all other edible foods for thousands of years except meat in the paleolithic age?

So all the stuff about the rustic tradtional Mediterranean  diet being heathly is wrong?

Was a low meat diet as meat all the time would of being only affordable to the more wealthy i thought?

Edited by Stere
  • Like 2