Oregon and Stihl price rises on consumables..

Rob D

Nothings going down at the moment! Robs spot on, they are either stuck with a load of stuff to shift or it’s simply not selling as well as it was.

had a call from my insurance guy yesterday giving me the heads up that my vehicle insurance will likely jump up a fair bit this year 

2 hours ago, Mick Dempsey said:

Well who hasn’t (when short of work) had a quote accepted and announced to the ‘lucky’ client that a job has just been cancelled and there’s a window of opportunity………..tomorrow!

That’s me most weeks.😂

• Like 2

On 20/01/2024 at 17:15, Steve Bullman said:

Nothings going down at the moment! Robs spot on, they are either stuck with a load of stuff to shift or it’s simply not selling as well as it was.

had a call from my insurance guy yesterday giving me the heads up that my vehicle insurance will likely jump up a fair bit this year 

Just renewed my Father's car insurance. Renewal quote with RAC went from £600 to £1,000. We've always got his from comparison sites, and have been known to save serious money this way. Best quote obtained? £950. Sticking with RAC. 

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, Peter 1955 said:

Just renewed my Father's car insurance. Renewal quote with RAC went from £600 to £1,000. We've always got his from comparison sites, and have been known to save serious money this way. Best quote obtained? £950. Sticking with RAC. 

That’s quite a jump, assuming no claims made?

2 minutes ago, Steve Bullman said:

That’s quite a jump, assuming no claims made?

No claims, no changes. He is in his mid/late eighties, and as I said, the comparison site basically found prices starting at that figure, and rising. Couple of years ago, we had a choice of a dozen lower than his renewal quote. My wife is a named driver on his policy, I'd hope that helps a bit. 

Oregon prices have not jumped as much as I thought as they got all their webshop prices wrong.. they have still gone up but really hard to work out how much as varies across the range and they may still have it wrong!

Red Sea issues have caused delays of 10-14 days and there is some sort of surcharge but again - hard to work out what it is they will tell me when they bill me!

On 20/01/2024 at 17:15, Steve Bullman said:

A few people have said this - I'm with the NFU which seems to work well and not heard anything yet... it's hard to keep track of it all!