Over worked and under payed

Cain

I'm not convinced with the 100k worth of kit and working as a £200 a day subby. Something didn't add up about 6 pages ago, might be wrong.

Brand new Transit ~£35k

Brand new chipper ~£20k

Brand new Trailer ~£5k

Brand new splitter ~£7k

4 Brand new saws ~£4k

Full set PPE, brand new ~£1k (lets go pretty good)

Full climbing kit, ropes and so on, brand new ~£2k (a pure guess here)

Bits and pieces, a few £k

Say £80k for brand new kit, all bought in the last couple of months, no depreciation. As above, there are some local firms in Edinburgh loving you that you can turn up with all of this at £200 a day, less than it costs to rent some of the kit and much much less than man + kit

sher I've got 500k worth of gear and work for 100 quid a day, 8 days a week, 25 hour shifts. 53 weeks a year. Sometimes I work for nothing because I'm too busy to charge for it. 

I'm quitting the industry to help give the rest of ye a chance though. 

Ive realised my skills are in business management, so if anyone wants advice on how to be part of the problem, not the solution hit me up.

#arblife

• Like 6
  • Haha 2

Where did £100 grand of kit come into a subcontract day rate?? Like Chinese whispers on here. For the record I supply climbing kit and saws. Everything else comes at extra cost. Not here for a lesson from half wits in business. But keep it coming warriors. And this hole post was not about me. It’s about what’s supplied and expected of a suby for dog shit wages. A lot of noses out of joint on this subject. LOVE IT 🥰 

Edited by Cain
  • Haha 1

20 minutes ago, Cain said:

Where did £100 grand of kit come into a subcontract day rate?? Like Chinese whispers on here. For the record I supply climbing kit and saws. Everything else comes at extra cost. Not here for a lesson from half wits in business. But keep it coming warriors. And this hole post was not about me. It’s about what’s supplied and expected of a suby for dog shit wages. A lot of noses out of joint on this subject. LOVE IT 🥰 

Where from... the horses mouth.....

"I think you are suggesting your £200 a day also includes expenses - saws, fuel for saws, travel (after your commute - we all have to commute), safety kit, climbing kit and so on - which your accountant should be able to do before tax." (me)

"You’re pretty much bang on the money. Not to mention kit needs updated/ replaced."

"Check all the keyboard warriors. Don’t worry guys over £100,000 worth of kit will be on eBay"

all that £100k worth of kit.... needs updating and replacing on the £200 a day you are getting.. else that £200 a day is for you and a saw. I can't work out how a saw costs £350 week in expenses to put your wages below the UK average. Doesn't add up.

1 hour ago, Steven P said:

Where from... the horses mouth.....

"I think you are suggesting your £200 a day also includes expenses - saws, fuel for saws, travel (after your commute - we all have to commute), safety kit, climbing kit and so on - which your accountant should be able to do before tax." (me)

"You’re pretty much bang on the money. Not to mention kit needs updated/ replaced."

"Check all the keyboard warriors. Don’t worry guys over £100,000 worth of kit will be on eBay"

all that £100k worth of kit.... needs updating and replacing on the £200 a day you are getting.. else that £200 a day is for you and a saw. I can't work out how a saw costs £350 week in expenses to put your wages below the UK average. Doesn't add up.

Glad your not my accountant.

200x 5 £1000

1000x4 £4000

4000x12 £48000

that’s working one year 5 days a week 

no holidays no sick pay. So top line as long as you don’t want a holiday and don’t get injured or sick. Best case scenario!!!! Then deduct 5litrs of petrol 3 litres of oil per day. Then supply ppe trousers £200?? Helmet £180?? Boots £200?? One chain a week ?? £30. Files gloves!!! Oh how did I forget chainsaws climbing kit rigging kit!!  What you left with ????? A professional working like an athlete well some of us anyway going by the terrible follow up comments. This topic comments makes great toilet reading

Edited by Cain