Scam?

eggsarascal

I presume this is a scam? My lad was born and raised in Spain and I paid his mother direct, there was a short period where I did pay child support in the UK, as far as know I paid what was asked of me and didn’t over pay.

This text came today, I haven’t opened the link and won’t be sending my bank details.

Scam or not?

AAC79666-5582-439B-85C2-E96286595A43.png

• Haha 1

33 minutes ago, eggsarascal said:

This text came today, I haven’t opened the link and won’t be sending my bank details.

That's best but I would call them as the message looks right apart from the time of sending but that may just be a computer thing.

Definitely a scam.  They say 'we may owe you money' as presumably success rates of people clicking are higher.

Don't think any legit organisation will text asking for bank details.

Send the text to 1000 people, if 1 replies then it is working - a numbers game. I reckon after a replying 1 in 100 will give their details enough to be scammed? Send 1,000,000 texts, you get 10 scammed people at what, £5k a time? Better than working for a living?

Even at that anyone who replies will be added to the suckers list (don't need to put in your details, single pixel graphic in the message can confirm if you have opened it, a active account). Just need to get the right 'in' to get the suckers details.

I treat all unsolicited messages as if I was walking down the street. If I was stopped and asked "You might have paid too much, what are your bank details?"... would I reach for my bank card to give them over?

Don't click on the link but go to a computer and type the link into the browser. Note that the displayed text is not necessarily where you get taken to by clicking on the link, get the details that the link points to.

Scam.