damage caused when removing fallen trees

jose

Evening all. 

To start i havent done any but the thought did occur to me as we were removing fallen trees. If as one of the jobs we had today the tree didnt cause any damage the house but in the removal process damage was caused what is the situation? Todays tree lay itself down on the corner of a roof, fair bit of weight but zero damage! We got it off with zero damage but i did wonder what would be the case if damage occurred? 

We were able to rope it and lower it off a nearby tree but if that wasnt there god knows! a crane wasnt a option due to no access and a platform wouldnt work as it needed to be held up once cut from the roof and again no access. 

Its a insurance job but would the insurance company turn around and say the damage needs to be claimed on my insurance? 

here is the beauty, got too dark to get more pictures so will finish off in the morning.

Cheers

IMG_1933.jpg

IMG_1932.jpg

Before we start a job like this, alway get written /email conformation from insurance company that it is paying first !

Not what the customer tells you, then email to say that all care will be taken but any further damge we will not be liable for if we take responsible care. 

• Like 4

19 hours ago, Suffolk Dave said:

Before we start a job like this, alway get written /email conformation from insurance company that it is paying first !

Not what the customer tells you, then email to say that all care will be taken but any further damge we will not be liable for if we take responsible care. 

Thats a good idea. do you just put them off until they produce said paperwork then? Everyone i encounter is desperate to get it done asap. 

Just seen one today, chap says dont break the garage. Its walls are bowing! roof gone! 

20231231_114030 (002).jpg

20231231_113811 (002).jpg

• Haha 1

Yes and make sure who is paying as some

38 minutes ago, jose said:

Thats a good idea. do you just put them off until they produce said paperwork then? Everyone i encounter is desperate to get it done asap. 

Just seen one today, chap says dont break the garage. Its walls are bowing! roof gone! 

insurance companies can take a while, I get customers to pay and get them to claim it of the insurance Companies 

If this all helps

• Like 1

yes sorry i meant more for getting the written confirmation from the insurance. Normal procedure is the client pays and claims back from the insurance later on.

Appreciate your advice.

1 hour ago, jose said:

that garage is toast!

both birch trees. odd.

6 hours ago, jose said:

I'd immediately let that joker be someone else's problem Jose.

The people who want their emergencies dealing with in their terms and to their budgets, are usually the same ones who've never had anyone look at their trees or ignore you when you flag up a concern. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1