Honey locust?

HCC contractors were taking down a diseased leaning tree on the public highway right outside my house this morning, the log goblin in me was straight out there to ask if I could have some - they kindly obliged and left roadside about a cubic metres worth - very straight and easy to split already about 30% moisture rate so probably be good to burn next winter. I asked one of the young fellas what it was, and he didn't seem that confident but said Honey something, and a quick Google suggests this non-native species, can anyone kindly confirm?

WhatsApp Image 2023-12-21 at 15.20.31 (1).jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2023-12-21 at 15.20.31.jpeg

I actually had two willows in my garden before they had to be felled due to disease, and that was a lot harder to split! This is fairly straight, but very heavy as they were long lengths - it split on the foot splitter very easily like Lime. The tree when still standing was very tall (30'), and slim but leaning over a neighbour's property and diseased at the bottom hence the council taking it down. Most of the road is Scot pines, but there are exotic trees round here too. Monkey puzzle tree being a previous builder's calling card.

2 hours ago, goblinlogail said:

HCC contractors were taking down a diseased leaning tree on the public highway right outside my house this morning, the log goblin in me was straight out there to ask if I could have some - they kindly obliged and left roadside about a cubic metres worth - very straight and easy to split already about 30% moisture rate so probably be good to burn next winter. I asked one of the young fellas what it was, and he didn't seem that confident but said Honey something, and a quick Google suggests this non-native species, can anyone kindly confirm?

WhatsApp Image 2023-12-21 at 15.20.31 (1).jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2023-12-21 at 15.20.31.jpeg

Would you be able to find any of the fallen leaves from the tree?  That would settle it?