Battery saws

Saw-sick Steve

33 minutes ago, ojoeco said:

Where did you get that info from? the Kress machines are very well priced with a staggering warranty for professional use.

Off the kress website someone linked to - I CBA looking again but the big batteries are £1100ish plus vat, the charger is £600ish plus vat, and the saw itself was only cheap (under £400 istr). Mental money to get set up with an unheard of battery saw imo. 

13 minutes ago, monkeybusiness said:

Off the kress website someone linked to - I CBA looking again but the big batteries are £1100ish plus vat, the charger is £600ish plus vat, and the saw itself was only cheap (under £400 istr). Mental money to get set up with an unheard of battery saw imo. 

I think that price is for the fancy batteries and high speed charger- 8 minute charge time. Not sure if there is a bog standard 60 volt they offer. 

The 40 volts are cheaper obviously. 

22 minutes ago, monkeybusiness said:

Yeah the 2ah and 4ah batteries do not cost that much money. You might be talking about the Backpack style battery.

the 60v ‘Prosumer’ 4ah battery is £166.66+vat, the dual standard charger is £141.66+vat and the commercial saw is £315.83+vat.

I have used the battery saws from almost all of the main brands, and Kress is Hands down the best of them all. 

Edited by ojoeco
  • Like 2

20 minutes ago, monkeybusiness said:

Its £200 for 60 volt 4 ah battery and £110 for a 5 amp charger. Probably cheaper than competitors for that voltage/ah. 

It's the high speed chargers and batteries that cost a fortune- probably local authorities and big companies would only pay that money.

5 minutes ago, richyrich said:

I think that price is for the fancy batteries and high speed charger- 8 minute charge time. Not sure if there is a bog standard 60 volt they offer. 

The 40 volts are cheaper obviously. 

Yeah, but if you are going to invest in a new system you might as well get the best setup currently available - technology moves pretty quick and things get superseded. No point getting something that’s already out of date!

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, monkeybusiness said:

Yeah, but if you are going to invest in a new system you might as well get the best setup currently available - technology moves pretty quick and things get superseded. No point getting something that’s already out of date!

it all depends on your budget and how much you think it's worth from a business point of view. No way would I fork out for the high speed stuff but possibly a couple of 4ah standard batteries and hedge cutter with backpack for batteries.  Use in conjunction with my Makita gear which likes malfunctioning quite often - 3 Yr warranty is only thing that makes them reasonable option. However looks like the Kress is 3 year as well.

5 hours ago, AHPP said:

People who can’t remember to top up the oil in a battery saw are total retards. It’s just like a petrol saw. You run out of power. You fill the oil and then put either fresh battery power or fresh petrol power in it. It’s the same thing. How are you struggling?!

From one retard to another, the battery outlasts the oil 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2