Craning in a MEWP?

Justaman.com

Even if someone was willing to chance it (against your better judgement, and as you've actually seen it and we haven't and are a professional, lets believe you when you say you can't rig it) why on earth would you do it for the same price as if the tree were sound and no obstacles below. 

If its a 4-6k job with craning over a mewp etc, **************** doing it at a discounted amount if you're going to YOLO climb it 😂

Thing is it all depends on what spec was agreed with the client.

Maybe they are going to leave it all onsite? There are a couple of blokes in my town who are happy with £400 a day for the both as long as they keep the wood.They have good jobs in the oil industry and like something to do on their month off. They work trees for a week or two,split and stack for a week and probably make an extra 25k per annum enjoying themselves.

It’s a lovely garden and a well kept house so doubt they’ll want 6 ton of wood left on site, I’ve now let it go, I said to the client for a finalised quote would cost £200 and he could be looking at 8-12k in total 

£200 just so he doesn’t waste my time and about 4k profit for the stress it would cause me.

I feel like contacting him in a couple of months to see how it’s been dealt with maybe I’m not seeing the full picture. Been doing this for 11 years now but every day is a leaning day. I’ll keep you guys posted 👍

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, Justaman.com said:

It’s a lovely garden and a well kept house so doubt they’ll want 6 ton of wood left on site, I’ve now let it go, I said to the client for a finalised quote would cost £200 and he could be looking at 8-12k in total 

£200 just so he doesn’t waste my time and about 4k profit for the stress it would cause me.

I feel like contacting him in a couple of months to see how it’s been dealt with maybe I’m not seeing the full picture. Been doing this for 11 years now but every day is a leaning day. I’ll keep you guys posted 👍

£8-£12k - you could crane a crane in at that price! 🤣🤣🤣

• Haha 2

• 2 weeks later...