Finance company have 'forgotten' to take a deposit

Clutchy

2 minutes ago, Mark Bolam said:

Fair enough John, the tree thing really bothers me.

Even if the culprit was completely within his legal rights you’d still have to be a total psychopath to fell a tree that meant so much.

NT has form and there rewilding policies are forcing many long term tenants off their farms. At the end of the day you have to ask who benefits most from the loss of 1 tree if it allows a whole forest to be planted as part of their "rewilding" programme paid for by public funding.

1 hour ago, renewablejohn said:

NT has form and there rewilding policies are forcing many long term tenants off their farms. At the end of the day you have to ask who benefits most from the loss of 1 tree if it allows a whole forest to be planted as part of their "rewilding" programme paid for by public funding.

Having known a NT tenant that killed himself when his farm was taken back and abandoned I agree on two counts, NT are a bad landlord  propped up by their favourable tax status and we should not have allowed rewilding to put traditional productive farms at risk simply because we already struggle to produce 60% of the food we eat. With only about 5% of global food traded the knock on effect of us buying more on the world market is people starving elsewhere.

• Like 9

• 3 weeks later...

In case anyone was interested. 

Got our settlement figure, which was showing the 10k less than expected, absolutely jumping for joy. 

Felt a little suspicious so trawled through March payments again and WOW I am honestly the biggest idiot. 

We had indeed paid the deposit in March 🫣😳😳

• Like 7

5 hours ago, Clutchy said:

In case anyone was interested. 

Got our settlement figure, which was showing the 10k less than expected, absolutely jumping for joy. 

Felt a little suspicious so trawled through March payments again and WOW I am honestly the biggest idiot. 

We had indeed paid the deposit in March 🫣😳😳

To be that adrift in your figures...wow. I'd notice if 27 pence was missing in my account. 🥺

• Haha 3