On 30/09/2023 at 23:18, renewablejohn said:

You will have a lease purchase agreement despite what you think you have

Which is not the case and is actually pretty patronising 😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Clutchy said:

I assume he is referring to: 

Which is not the case and is actually pretty patronising 😂

Not patronising at all just a warning that banks can make up their own rules and get away with it through the courts from bitter experience. Its a matter of court record so anyone can check it out and involves a personal guarantee given on a HP agreement that was never taken out. The company was advised by the bank if they took out the more onerous lease purchase agreement there would be no requirement for the personal guarantee. At trial the bank just stood up in court and stated they only did one sort of agreement and that Lease Purchase and Hire Purchase just referred to that one type of agreement. The Judge found for the bank and I had to pay out on the personal guarantee.

Banks are money grabbing barstewards who definitely do not have their customers best interests at heart. Even their customer advisors are geared up to earn the banks money rather than advise what’s best for their customers. 

but that’s another subject :lol:

• Like 6

Ha, no mate!

Not this time!

I was having a pop at renewable John for his comment that the tenant may have been within his rights to ‘coppice’ the Sycamore Gap tree, and then telling a very business-savvy member that he couldn’t read a simple contract.

Maybe my tone was rude, but I wasn’t trying to drive him away from the forum, he has generally added to the site with decent input.

👍

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Mark Bolam said:

Ha, no mate!

Not this time!

I was having a pop at renewable John for his comment that the tenant may have been within his rights to ‘coppice’ the Sycamore Gap tree, and then telling a very business-savvy member that he couldn’t read a simple contract.

Maybe my tone was rude, but I wasn’t trying to drive him away from the forum, he has generally added to the site with decent input.

👍

Oh i see!!! I would have thought that if whoever cut the tree down was within their rights, then they would not have resorted to doing it in the middle of the night in a rain storm!

john..

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Mark Bolam said:

Ha, no mate!

Not this time!

👍

I assumed you where having a pop at me for suggesting the tenant could be within his rights to cut the tree down. That was in response to cosmiccutter on page 8 of the wow thread stating the farmer could have been relieved of his tenancy by NT.  All I did was point out the law in respect of certain agriculture tenancies whereby the outgoing tenant is entitled to a waygo on any unharvested crop whether that be corn, potatoes, timber etc. Normally a value is agreed and the landlord pays it. If the value cannot be agreed then the tenant has the option to harvest the crop. Obviously for mature timber the normal caveats would apply of licences etc.

As for the finance agreement I was not getting at the op just trying to warn that banks are not to be trusted from my own bitter experience.

• Like 2