large tree fallen into my dads garden damaging his property can i de limb it to gain access to asses further losses .

lurch_918

my farther has had a large tree fall into his  garden flattening 2 of his sheds .Now if i take photos before hand can i remove limbs to gain access to what is left of the sheds to assess other losses before contacting the council . and how would i find out if its a tree owned by the man that lives behind my dad or if its council . and how often do the council have to inspect their trees for safety .

10 minutes ago, Joe Newton said:

I would be careful. Any action taken by you could be argued to have contributed to the damage.

Let the owner of the tree deal with it. There's no room for argument then. 

i understand what you are saying but the spur that came down you can clearly see the break point .and all i want to do is make it safe till it can be delt with properly by removing some limb weight from it so it dosnt completely crush the sheds and the property in them .

just got down my dads from what my dad says the property the tree came from is council so reading the law they are liable but wont even think about  looking at it till we call them on . even though the whole root system is rotten and you can hear the other leaders trying to break away in the wind.

pro-0cYROSKD.jpeg

pro-7fEjJz4l.jpeg

pro-9FvnDcs9.jpeg

pro-dNpwfIQT.jpeg

pro-EFrEXgfB.jpeg

pro-G6NO5xkE.jpeg

pro-p8dvTK9s.jpeg

pro-QmmWOnfg.jpeg

pro-zVIu4uGn.jpeg

7 minutes ago, Pete Mctree said:

If you think that the remaining stems pose a threat why not contact the council immediately? They will provide an emergency service either directly or through contractors and should at a minimum assess the situation.

we have done that and they say we need to phone them on Monday morning then they will need to look into it . Funny that we have just had the councillor covering my dads ward visit who is also the parks manager and he has said that this needs looking into as a emergency call so he is going to send off some emails . now fingers crossed .