Settled

eggsarascal

6 minutes ago, Mark Bolam said:

Glad you got a gaff sorted Eggs.

Lass I know down here has a cottage just along from hers she Air b&b’s.

Good coin apparently, but a lot of work with cleaning etc.

She says single night all-female parties are by far the worst.

Thank ya, Mark. It should do well, I just want other people to pay for it for.a few years until my pension kicks in. I’ve only got a small mortgage that could/should be paid off by the time I need it. I’ll live in my ‘van until then. I’ve read the nightmares about Airbnb, just wanted some firsthand information. Unfortunately that prick has to front up all the time.

I think you will get a good return on AirBnB and Booking.com, these sites have good coverage so anyone looking for a place to stay in your area will find you and likely to pay a decent amount for the room.

Much depends if you are looking for a lodger or many just dipping in and out over a period of time. If you are doing the washing and cleaning etc then the longer weekly rentals are easier than 1-2 nights and a lodger may not pay as much but would probably look after the washing and cleaning a daily or weekly rental wouldn't.

Good luck in your venture, it is a good way to reduce your operating costs and shortening the mortgage payback, just make sure your insurance is aware of what you are doing.

6 minutes ago, Mark Bolam said:

He’s apologised mate, move on.

I’ll have a chat with my pal this weekend and get the inside gen on how it’s really working for her and either call or PM you or put it on here?

Give me a call to let me know how she gets on. His apologies don’t count, he should hold his lip. One day someone will do him, he doesn’t think so but it will come to him.

39 minutes ago, eggsarascal said:

Give me a call to let me know how she gets on. His apologies don’t count, he should hold his lip. One day someone will do him, he doesn’t think so but it will come to him.

Probably not eggs in reality, in person a genuinely decent helpful bloke 🤷‍♂️I take people as I find them. The internet and these type of forums in particular brings out the worst in us, we all without exception often speak pure and utter shit. 

• Like 2