tacho rules do you know them?

kindlett

:congrats::congrats::congrats:

We all threaten to do this!

I wonder how many have actually thrown in the towel recently?

I for one couldn't throw my business away becasue I needed to fill in a piece of paper before I set off to do a days work.

I think a lot of people need to get a grip of themselves.

:001_tt2:

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

i've been thinking of getting a bigger van, there were some 6ton renaults on fleabay recently, and rang vosa re 'O' lisence, taco etc. Was told the usual bollox.

you've got to get an 'o', you've got to get planning permission, you MUST have £4500 in the bank to prove you can maintain the vehicle, you MUST use Tacho's etc.

this is just so i can get a larger truck so's i'm not not overloading all the time :blushing:

ALL new taco's are digital, this means anyone who drives the truck has to have a card @ £30 plus each. i've got to BUY the software to download the cards with £500+, as well as a card reader £???????

now i've just set up, cash is tight at present, so thats out of the question.

talking about it down at the local on our usual friday tea time drink, and one of the lads is a traffic officer (he's not very popular), and he mentioned the exemption.

i rang VOSA on monday, and the muppet who answered the phone didn't have a clue, i'm STILL waiting for him to get back to me with the correct information.

i'l keep you informed :thumbup:

I for one couldn't throw my business away becasue I needed to fill in a piece of paper before I set off to do a days work.

:001_tt2:

It's not just one bit of paperwork though is it, not if you are doing things right.

I've just finished talking to my accountant asking him if he'd do my wages payroll for ONE employee because it's over the top of my head and more paperwork to worry about over and above all the other BS I have to put up with because I put him through college.

I am already considering throwing the towel in and getting a proper job, I just need to work out the transition from huge overheads and machinary to a paid job with none, whilst still keeping my tree work capabilities to do weekend work

Prob quite a few jacked it in, well for the time being since work is slow:thumbdown:

I doubt Dean would pack it in just because of a tacho its more to do with every little thing that needs doing which all add up.

How many road workers,builders, construction workers etc need a tacho but dont care and wont get one.

Besides I think its rediculous that you require a tacho if you are moving X but dont if you are moving Y:confused1: If a tacho is there to keep a check on driving hours what does it matter what you are towing and why:confused1:

I think SWB deffo has the right idea with his mini chipper, no EA license, no Operators license, no tacho, no worrying about being over weight etc etc etc etc :thumbup1: