How much do dogs cost these days?

eggsarascal

Thanks.

I would mate but unfortunately he passed a couple of years ago.

A true working line, properly trained though is a pleasure to be around and watch work.

I think he paid a bit more than usually as they were already trained to the gun when he got them.

Good look with the search.  Spaniels are awesome dogs, if a bit batshit bonkers.

7 minutes ago, eggsarascal said:

Ta, I’ve only ever bought/kept working Spaniels and bitch pups tend to draw more money than dogs.

Bitches (Ive found) in general bring more interest. Generally when we've sold pups its the Bitches that go first. This time the Dog went early (first or second). We've one bitch heading for Singapore. 

• Like 1

Have a look on Pets4Homes site, there are usually puppies/litters of most breeds available all over UK, some from breeders and some from private sellers.

There are rescues/re-homes as well.

The site says it makes sure the sellers are not puppy farms.

I only found it when I was looking to re-home a Rottie after my last one died. Not sure if I was lucky or it's the norm for the site, but the seller I got my dog from was genuine and very careful about letting me have him.

WWW.PETS4HOMES.CO.UK

Pets4Homes is the UKs most popular pet classifieds site. Buy puppies, sell puppies and adopt dogs, kittens, cats and other pets in your local area.

6 hours ago, eggsarascal said:

Ta, I’ve only ever bought/kept working Spaniels and bitch pups tend to draw more money than dogs.

Egger , have you had a troll through the Shooting Times or one of the mags like Sporting Gun ? There maybe some litters on there mate .

54 minutes ago, Stubby said:

Egger , have you had a troll through the Shooting Times or one of the mags like Sporting Gun ? There maybe some litters on there mate .

I can’t remember the last time I picked a magazine up, I’ll get one or two tomorrow and have a look.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Rich Rule said:

Thanks.

I would mate but unfortunately he passed a couple of years ago.

A true working line, properly trained though is a pleasure to be around and watch work.

I think he paid a bit more than usually as they were already trained to the gun when he got them.

Good look with the search.  Spaniels are awesome dogs, if a bit batshit bonkers.

My apologies Rich, I thought your old fella had bought Spaniels recently. These pups will be trained to the gun, well, as much as young pups can be, if £1500 is the going rate that’s what I’ll have to pay.

• Thanks 1