Right, wrong, or just playing the game?

eggsarascal

Judging by the malcontent with our broken political system, both on here and in the country as a whole, it's probably time to have a vote on PR. If we had a fairer system then the so called "marginal" parties wouldn't be so marginal.

Before the naysayers start; some kind of representation, any kind of representation, would be better than the model we now have, where nobody is represented by those in power.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, sime42 said:

Judging by the malcontent with our broken political system, both on here and in the country as a whole, it's probably time to have a vote on PR. If we had a fairer system then the so called "marginal" parties wouldn't be so marginal.

Before the naysayers start; some kind of representation, any kind of representation, would be better than the model we now have, where nobody is represented by those in power.

Cant disagree there. 

8 hours ago, trigger_andy said:

Thats such a lame excuse. That the left are so poor and cant afford the most basic of photo ID is just utter nonsense and you know it. 

It could be argued that those under the age of 45 are significantly more likely to vote Labour and this is also the group Id argue that has grown up in a world where photo ID is a daily life necessity.  The list of what is accepted as photo ID is quite comprehensive with many being cheap or even free to apply for. 

To top that off if you're somehow that poor to not be able to apply for one of the plethora of accepted Photo ID's in the list you can apply for a free Voter ID Document. 

There really is not a single valid reason not to show ID when voting.

WWW.ELECTORALCOMMISSION.ORG.UK

Learn about the different types of photo ID that will be accepted at elections that require photo ID

conBayesPlot-1-1536x768.png

labBayesPlot-1-1536x768.png

Capture.JPG

It looks like your poster-boy thinks differently to you in terms of voter ID: 

1 minute ago, Mark J said:

It looks like your poster-boy thinks differently to you in terms of voter ID: 

I'm really not sure why you associate myself with Mog? When have I ever indicated as such?

Anyway, my personal views on having to produce ID to vote are not tied to any political allegiance. I stated, or at least alluded to in an earlier post that its the youth of today that have grown up in a world of photo ID and that they also tend to be lefties, so you've kinda missed the boat and trying to call me out like this. 

Anyway, can we get back to why you find me such a babe? Im in bed now and a little dirty talk could get me in the mood. xx

23 minutes ago, trigger_andy said:

Anyway, can we get back to why you find me such a babe? Im in bed now and a little dirty talk could get me in the mood. xx

Try posting the c-bomb in the forum, see what happens. It'll all make sense. 

• Like 1

Just now, Joe Newton said:

Try posting the c-bomb in the forum, see what happens. It'll all make sense. 

Im much to much of a good boy for that. :) 

You don’t happen to think Mark was intentionally using such vulgar language against me do you? That could result in the ban hammer being dropped don’t you know? 

No, I think Mark has a thing for me, that’s far more likely. ;) 

10 hours ago, doobin said:

A photo id costs nothing. 

I’m conflicted about this. The libertarian in me hates with every fibre of my being the notion of an ID card and was ready to take to the streets to protest their introduction. 

But I also hate the idea of

someone who is not eligible to vote doing so, and yes, voting to improve their position at my expense. 

Yea, but it’s a very small minority of PROVEN illegal votes. Should we have it this way, where he won’t have an ID card but we will?

43A2B2FD-5CAC-4B9D-A7B3-AFEE4A2E89C6.jpeg

6 hours ago, eggsarascal said:

Yea, but it’s a very small minority of PROVEN illegal votes. Should we have it this way, where he won’t have an ID card but we will?

43A2B2FD-5CAC-4B9D-A7B3-AFEE4A2E89C6.jpeg

If I want to fly abroad I need to show photo ID. If I want to collect my parcel from the post office I need to show photo ID. If want to purchase alcohol and my age is called into question I need to show photo ID and if I want to vote I need to show Photo ID. 

Notice these examples are all wants? 

There is a significant difference the examples I gave and being stopped to provide photo ID to prove who you are which is s serious beech of civil liberties.

Do you honestly believe that BoJo when asked for Photo ID each time he checks in at an Airport grudgingly eats his Passport and walks away?

Wise up Eggs, not even you could be this stupid.

My strongly held POV on this matter goes back to Shakespeare, "Methinks he doth protest too much", (to be innocent), which is to say, those on the left know rightly how widespread voter fraud is, which is exactly why they are protesting so vociferously.

And the blatent abuse of the postal voting system, FFS!

Tower Hamlets anyone?

And, folks, bear in mind that we here in N.I. have always been at the bleeding edge of voter turnout and voter fraud(And my father was a local Councillor, 40 year ago, so I have some personal knowledge), which is why, along with our PR system, we need to produce ID to vote, and this is closely monitered by party reps in those finely balanced or critical wards.

So, perhaps both PR and voter ID need to be introduced for all elections in England Scotland and Wales.

Would that keep everyone happy?

Edited by difflock
  • Like 4