help needed it wont fail ..

lurch_917

2-3 tanks a week equates to about 200-300 over the last two years. 

Commercial cutters do 5-6 tanks a day in medium sized hardwood (more in softwood). So 300 tanks would take about 10-12 weeks to achieve. In terms of hours worked for a pro saw your is still relatively new.

That said, it obviously wasn't a Friday afternoon saw!

Personally i think chainsaws are amazing things when you compare them to other machines that are much bigger,,When we where cutting infected larch day in day out we flog our saws  4,5,6 days a week and again with only one issue and most days we put our 5ltrs through em then home , one way i compare saws to other machines is, is if you was sat in your car doing 60mph for 7 - 8hrs a day  for 4,5,6 days a week how far would you have travelled ? One saw i bought new (mentioned above) and was using on the Larch jobs went tits up one afternoon and was dropped off a dealers on way home, saw was sorted out day after and collected on the way home, when collected i was given a print out on the saw i,e how mant times it had been started, how much at idol and how much at 50% and how much at 100% and total running hrs, now this number supprised me at 418 hrs with no issues till it failed to start, in that 418hrs i might of put a new plug in it, so if that saw was compared to what you could do in a car for that amount of time makes em pretty robust little engines really, 418 x 60mph = 25080 miles and something else to consider is the piston in a saw is a lot smaller than one in a car and most cars have 4 of them and then the piston in a s saw will be going up n down 3 or 4 times faster than the one in the car,, so with all that said i think they are pretty amazing little engines,, 

• Like 4

My 555 is still going (just) and that’s 7 year old, and had all manner of stuff through it (pump fuel, Aspen, Motomix) and my MK2 550 is still smashing it after 3 years of heavy use. Sometimes you get lucky, but decent maintenance and mechanical sympathy go a long way to extending the life of tools etc.

All my husky saws (555, 550 and 560) are still going well after 5 to 7 yrs of almost daily use, varying from couple of cuts to hours a day. I get them serviced but that's about it, no mech issues just av springs and pull start replacements.

As has been said, amazing machines for the use/abuse they get. Wish other stuff was engineered as well as them!

Agreed to all above..

Had my old (1999) 023 out yesterday to clear a blown over tree in the garden. Doesn't get as much use as it did after being superseded by 2015 MS261. 
I've said to friends if Stihl (or Husky) made cars....I'd have one. Straightforward to service/maintain and with care they last. 

• Like 2

20 hours ago, lurch_917 said:

sorry if this sounds wrong but i need help can anyone tell me if this sounds wrong . i use my husky 560 2-3 times a week ,

about a tank a time have been doing this for about 2 years but it never misses a beat always starts how can this be right ?

I bet Spud knows someone who could kill it. Where's Jamie ?

9 hours ago, peatff said:

I bet Spud knows someone who could kill it. Where's Jamie ?

I think MattyF is my go to saw killer bless him. Don't get me wrong, he is a good decent fella and have a lot of time for him but he is HARD on saws...or at least he was during the time I know him. 

I still remember him working on his 346 on the floor, it sort of looked like a rabid Jack Russel had his wrist in its jaws. 

• Haha 3

11 hours ago, spudulike said:

I think MattyF is my go to saw killer bless him. Don't get me wrong, he is a good decent fella and have a lot of time for him but he is HARD on saws...or at least he was during the time I know him. 

I still remember him working on his 346 on the floor, it sort of looked like a rabid Jack Russel had his wrist in its jaws. 

Seem to remember killing that 346 pretty quickly , never got what all the fuss was about the 346 , gimme a 560 or 550 any day. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1