Two stroke fuel ratio

Johnkv

The only thing that concerns me is that a 100:1 mix is all well and good but the amount of oil is so small, you are more likely to cock it up. I would always want to over egg than under egg the oil in a mix.

Lowestoft FC used to sponsor the Amsoil Supercat powerboat and very nice it was to!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, pleasant said:

You can get fully synthetic brands in the uk, which are 100-1. Prosint is one can obtain if requested.

Redline Racing 2t oil ( what I use mixed with Husqvarna alkylate fuel @ 50:1 ) says it can be mixed @ 100:1 not tried it thoigh ! 

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, Johnkv said:

Why do you think that is? Is it not better protection  hence my OP. 

As you will have gathered, a lot of peeps have there favourite oil and ratio, albeit oem spec etc. 

well as @openspaceman said in not so many words, 2strokes have been around for a long time and oils were different then. Smelly and polluting 🤔🙄

todays oils are better and have to meet current legislations. But there are many older 2strokes still around ( if your old/new 2stroke requires a particular oil then take note) and choose the oil best for that 2stroke.

for those newer 2strokes they may want synthetic but the person may like the older mineral 2stroke oil.

But the thing I learned the hard way is . Mineral and synthetic oils, there not just a swap oil and your good to go type oil. The reason is, mineral oil adds to the combustion where as synthetic don’t. To be clear.. tune a older 2stroke to mineral oil and then just mix a synthetic oil with fuel it will be lean and will seize  

but in your mtronic 2stroke it will adjust the mixture for you. I think bucking billy found this out  in his recent 500i vids at what ever ratio it was recommended to him.

however, if you read this …. As it was what your reply was about.. yes a long read.. 🤠 and if you Google the same title  you with get other links  that will give you hrs of reading. 

most importantly thou, everyone has their  choice. Your choice is to understand why they think there’s is best and yours is not 😉

WWW.ARBORISTSITE.COM

I'm not trying to start an oil war or super long post but I know there is a good chance I do. I need to buy some more and...

• Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, Wonky said:

As you will have gathered, a lot of peeps have there favourite oil and ratio, albeit oem spec etc. 

well as @openspaceman said in not so many words, 2strokes have been around for a long time and oils were different then. Smelly and polluting 🤔🙄

todays oils are better and have to meet current legislations. But there are many older 2strokes still around ( if your old/new 2stroke requires a particular oil then take note) and choose the oil best for that 2stroke.

for those newer 2strokes they may want synthetic but the person may like the older mineral 2stroke oil.

But the thing I learned the hard way is . Mineral and synthetic oils, there not just a swap oil and your good to go type oil. The reason is, mineral oil adds to the combustion where as synthetic don’t. To be clear.. tune a older 2stroke to mineral oil and then just mix a synthetic oil with fuel it will be lean and will seize  

but in your mtronic 2stroke it will adjust the mixture for you. I think bucking billy found this out  in his recent 500i vids at what ever ratio it was recommended to him.

however, if you read this …. As it was what your reply was about.. yes a long read.. 🤠 and if you Google the same title  you with get other links  that will give you hrs of reading. 

most importantly thou, everyone has their  choice. Your choice is to understand why they think there’s is best and yours is not 😉

WWW.ARBORISTSITE.COM

I'm not trying to start an oil war or super long post but I know there is a good chance I do. I need to buy some more and...

I'm a stihl fan boy and I'm not gone on the ultra at all. I want to go back to hp super, its semi synthetic and fd rated plus it looks a lot better for the saw than the "pond water" ultra that's fb rated and full of carbon coated pistons and cylinders.. just my 2p on it. I'm only learning myself I'm not a pro logger or nothing just want the best for the 500i she's a beauty and I only want the best for it. Many thanks for your informative post. Much appreciated 🙏 

30 minutes ago, Johnkv said:

I'm a stihl fan boy and I'm not gone on the ultra at all. I want to go back to hp super, its semi synthetic and fd rated plus it looks a lot better for the saw than the "pond water" ultra that's fb rated and full of carbon coated pistons and cylinders.. just my 2p on it. I'm only learning myself I'm not a pro logger or nothing just want the best for the 500i she's a beauty and I only want the best for it. Many thanks for your informative post. Much appreciated 🙏 

Where exactly are you getting this crap from?

interesting topic, but no one has asked the vital question.....what effect does more oil have on the a/f ratio....easy, it causes a leaner mixture....leaner mixture runs hotter....hotter 2 stroke= siezed engine, stihl, hursqvarna, echo, etc, have all set there carbs up to work the f/a ratio as close to perfect as they can based on a 50-1 ratio of oil, if you run less oil, the mixture gets richer, and effectivly is the same as running on choke...fouls things up, the more oil you run, the leaner it gets and lean runns hotter and hotter till it siezes, or worse, melts the piston, anyway, your saws and strimmers, do what you want,  oh and the more ethanol, the more water it absorbs, the leaner  the longer it sits

• Thanks 1