Lineker stood down…

eggsarascal

22 hours ago, Doug Tait said:

So Lineker has been reinstated, all back to normal and the BBC will look at how impartiality should impact the different types of presenter or freelancer.

Issue swiftly kicked into the long grass.

Seems the unofficial Sports Commentator Union has more sway than the government.

I’d say the BBC might have just given those who oppose the finance model it depends on for funding all the ammunition they need to push for change. For me if someone is gonna be paid well in excess of a million pounds a year of taxpayers money to talk about football then said individual should be aware of the fact not all those paying  into said pot to keep him want to hear or read about his political opinions. Alternatively research your historical facts before you use the well worn nazi lines. Reading Linekars latest tweet, he might be advised to read up on current levels of conflict too. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, coppice cutter said:

Just wondering why the government is having to spend so much money accommodating the migrants whenever people like this, nevermind the number of BBC employees on extremely generous taxpayer funded salaries, are so supportive of their continued arrival.

Surely they could put them up in their own homes, or at least pay for it themselves. A sort of "adopt a migrant scheme" similar to Giant Pandas or Tigers, etc.

If they done something like that, it might remove the notion that people like her, plus the good Mr Lineker and his ilk, are actually just virtual signalling nimby whingebags rather than good samaritans with a genuine concern for those less fortunate than themselves.

I’d like to hear her reaction or how she would feel walking past the gangs of Sudanese/Somalis/Eritreans late at night in Glasgow on her own. I’ve experienced the reaction to my 14yr old daughter and that was with myself the Mrs and her brother being present.  Many of these people such as the lady in the video are utterly deluded and ignorant to the realities of what communities are experiencing.  

• Like 4
  • Sad 1

Just now, Johnsond said:

I’d like to hear her reaction or how she would feel walking past the gangs of Sudanese/Somalis/Eritreans late at night in Glasgow on her own. I’ve experienced the reaction to my 14yr old daughter and that was with myself the Mrs and her brother being present.  Many of these people such as the lady in the video are utterly deluded and ignorant to the realities of what communities are experiencing.  

But they will also be the most vociferous in demanding action once the outworking of this influx start affecting them.

Such people are not even worthy of a fool's pardon.

• Like 2

On 14/03/2023 at 09:32, coppice cutter said:

Just wondering why the government is having to spend so much money accommodating the migrants whenever people like this, nevermind the number of BBC employees on extremely generous taxpayer funded salaries, are so supportive of their continued arrival.

Surely they could put them up in their own homes, or at least pay for it themselves. A sort of "adopt a migrant scheme" similar to Giant Pandas or Tigers, etc.

If they done something like that, it might remove the notion that people like her, plus the good Mr Lineker and his ilk, are actually just virtual signalling nimby whingebags rather than good samaritans with a genuine concern for those less fortunate than themselves.

Apparently Lineker did host a  refugee in his home back in 2021. We have a Syrian family living locally who seem to have settled in well to rural Cumbria.

• Like 4

On 14/03/2023 at 09:46, coppice cutter said:

But they will also be the most vociferous in demanding action once the outworking of this influx start affecting them.

Such people are not even worthy of a fool's pardon.

APPLE.NEWS

Three men have been jailed for raping a woman in an alleyway in east London, the Met Police has...

Multicultural Britain at its finest. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Johnsond said:
APPLE.NEWS

Three men have been jailed for raping a woman in an alleyway in east London, the Met Police has...

Multicultural Britain at its finest. 

I don't think that the colour of someone's skin should be defining factor in determining if they're a rotter or not. Factbox: Who was Jimmy Savile and what did PM Johnson claim about Labour  leader? | Reuters

• Like 1