Anyone know the Timberwolf 13/75 chipper?

Ren

Hey folks.

I’ve rented this chipper and I think it’s in poor condition. Branches or anything will just sit in the chute and not be drawn in like the videos of the machine in operation I can see online.

Not putting anything ridiculous in there.

I’ve noticed I can increase the throttle significantly by moving the actuator and not the control - engine pitch goes up and branches get eaten… great, but the machine shut itself down….  I’m concerned that i might damage the machine doing this.

Obviously the hire guys aren’t at work.

Anyone out there who knows this machine who could give advice!? :)

edit: ‘actuator’ in blue, pulling out to the right increases revs a lot. Control (throttle) in green

cheers,

ren

7BBEC86A-7532-42CB-B860-07F4E341420A.jpeg

Edited by Ren
Picture

I’ve got it started again and it ran for a few minutes before shutting down…. perhaps it’s shutting down due to over torque?

I think a reputable place - they’re all very nice! I suppose I’ll be asking them to sort something better out….

here’s a picture of output… not overly chipped.

image.jpg

The machines in that price range aren't really built with those sorts of features.

It's more On/off and a low oil level sensor.

If it's not running at the correct rpm it will be stringy as it's able to physically pull it through before the blade has a chance to get it.

Never expect perfect little chips off a small machine, it's more size reduction than pretty chippings.

Personally take a shed load more pictures and speak to them on Monday, as they should have shown you how to atleast fire it up and get upto speed.

Edited by GarethM
  • Like 1