Anyone know the Timberwolf 13/75 chipper?

Ren

Those blades are f….u…..c….k….e….d they need to be very sharp to work,if it’s shutting down the only auto shut down on the machine is for low oil try disconnecting the wires to the off switch don’t blame me if it siezed check oil level on dipstick first 

Thanks all for input… appreciated

i rent quite a few things from these guys so have no issues starting the Hondas and getting up to speed. Oil level is fine… 

Had the thing at max and material was just bouncing off the blades.

At least it’s not me! 

Update - found the problem! Other than the blade being “f u c k e d”, the tab which pushes the safety switch down when the cover to the wheel is closed is deformed…. this means is shuts off intermittently due to vibration - if it starts at all. 

To use the chipper I have to push branches in, placing my arm in the chute and my face in harm’s way. No bueno! 

Edited by Ren

I think the blades on most hired woodchippers will have a hard life. The average weekend warrior thinks dirty wood, roots, timber with nails are all great to chip.

It's almost pointless for the hire shop to fit new blades as the next hire will probably wreck them anyway.....

• Like 1

2 hours ago, scbk said:

I think the blades on most hired woodchippers will have a hard life. The average weekend warrior thinks dirty wood, roots, timber with nails are all great to chip.

It's almost pointless for the hire shop to fit new blades as the next hire will probably wreck them anyway.....

Most hire places charge a sharpening fee as standard. 

Another update. Hire shop says there’s nout wrong with the chipper or the blade. They think online forums are not a reliable source of info. It’s probably user error - stuff I’m trying to process is too thin. Not going to charge. They’ll come and have a look, but as an alternative think the BFO towable Timberwolf which has rollers. 

Attached an image of the sort of brush I’m trying to process. Are they correct?14E1A370-CF5F-4386-A16A-941D9F0761C0.thumb.jpeg.ecce3e7967afcbf5b6107f8d83971ec5.jpegB646F1C0-1BBB-4AAE-A4CB-B424B7FC3F98.thumb.jpeg.04f909730d11ec9e5227805fdd9ca028.jpeg

As has been said by several people, those blades are utterly shagged/useless and a gravity fed machine like this needs sharp blades to pull the material through. I quite understand the problem the hire people have with users chucking stuff through that wrecks the blades, but nonetheless it is ridiculous to send a gravity fed machine out with blades that haven't a chance in hell of pulling the material through. As has been suggested, you should not be expected to pay with the blades in this condition.

My first machine was a Timberwolf 18/100G gravity fed. With the blades newly sharpened it would pull straight conifer branches through so fast the discharge spout would block, especially in the rain, until I learnt how to stop it pulling so fast. Once the blades had just lost the edge very slightly it pulled in at the perfect speed, then when they needed sharpening it was a pain to feed material into it.

• Like 7