When Google really doesn’t help, Arbtalk will surely provide the answer

Squaredy

50 minutes ago, spudulike said:

So what do people use to seal between the splash back and basin or bath, between the shower enclosure and base or between the bath side and tiled floor?

Got me baffled that one:hmmmm2:

I think there are alternatives as showers have been around at least a century.  

But I personally think a good quality sealant is fine if used in the right place for the right reason.  I have so often seen cheap sealant used to hide bodges, bad workmanship etc etc etc.  

• Like 1

New question: anyone recommend a good glazing sealant for softwood (sequoia)?  I am not using putty as it goes hard and brittle eventually, so I want a high quality glazing sealant which will adhere well to glass and timber and not be affected by the weather.

Also, am I better off applying the sealant directly to the wooden frame, or should I seal the frame first?  My intention is to use Danish oil.  My inclination is to fit and seal the glass in bare wood frames, then apply oil but maybe you disagree?

Thank you in advance as always Arbtalkers for your help.

1 hour ago, Squaredy said:

New question: anyone recommend a good glazing sealant for softwood (sequoia)?  I am not using putty as it goes hard and brittle eventually, so I want a high quality glazing sealant which will adhere well to glass and timber and not be affected by the weather.

Also, am I better off applying the sealant directly to the wooden frame, or should I seal the frame first?  My intention is to use Danish oil.  My inclination is to fit and seal the glass in bare wood frames, then apply oil but maybe you disagree?

Thank you in advance as always Arbtalkers for your help.

Try CT1 I use it for most jobs when a good bodge is needed

Can't help so far as housebuilding is concerned, but we use Sikaflex for bedding windows in to boats.  There are many polysulphide/polyeurethane (sp?) sealants out there that will do the job.  Some also swear by butyl tape which is clean and simple, but I have no experience of that.