They just can’t leave people

eggsarascal

At a guess I'd say he chips in with the owners council tax, you can't tax something that isn't legal.

And how much is it?.

On the plus side if he buys a boat and doesn't pay, they physically remove the boat.

Edited by GarethM
  • Like 2

20 minutes ago, GarethM said:

At a guess I'd say he chips in with the owners council tax, you can't tax something that isn't legal.

And how much is it?.

On the plus side if he buys a boat and doesn't pay, they physically remove the boat.

the council can and do charge dwellers if there is no legal right to be there , usually for the duration of enforcement notice or until retrospective planning is obtained , the issue seems to be in this case ...change of use / unlawful dwelling / no residential use ...

That's not really council tax tho, that's a penalty for not getting permission in the first place.

Eggs hasn't exactly explained the situation.

Initially making it sound like the council were turfing him from his home etc etc.

Knowing the planning system, mostly from my own experience. I don't like people not abiding by the same long and arduous rules I've had to jump through and the sums of money I've spent.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Johnsond said:

It’s not beyond the realms of possibility that you may have upset someone unintentionally. How can you pay anything never mind council tax on a plot that is not official and as such won’t even exist on the councils system ?? 
little cartoon for you Eggs seeing as you seem very fond of them. 

BC7F179A-D47A-4C7D-893E-E99B40D0A1F3.png

I’ve always paid council tax for the address that my mail goes to, it’s not as black n white as you might think.

For the love of "insert name of your god".

Actually tell the whole story, not snippets of what must be a markle esk version of my truth.

So what you saying is you mail goes to for example your ex's house and you live in a caravan illegally.

If you aren't paying council tax in your name with the address of the litteral soil under where you're living and sleeping, you're living illegally end of discussion.

Saying I pay council tax for your mum's, doesn't entitle you to live elsewhere scot free.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, GarethM said:

For the love of "insert name of your god".

Actually tell the whole story, not snippets of what must be a markle esk version of my truth.

So what you saying is you mail goes to for example your ex's house and you live in a caravan illegally.

If you aren't paying council tax in your name with the address of the litteral soil under where you're living and sleeping, you're living illegally end of discussion.

Saying I pay council tax for your mum's, doesn't entitle you to live elsewhere scot free.

I’ve never said any different, I choose to live as I do, I pay my. Council tax, it’s just not for where I actually live. Would you prefer I didn’t pay something into the system?

No, I prefer you pay for BOTH.

Paying once does not entitle you to have two. And you've still not explained your caravan/mobile home/tent or whatever you want to call your illegal farm residence.

I would get a more honest and accurate explanation from a used car salesman at this point.

Edited by GarethM
  • Haha 3

4 minutes ago, GarethM said:

No, I prefer you pay for BOTH.

Paying once does not entitle you to have two. And you've still not explained your caravan/mobile home/tent or whatever you want to call your illegal farm residence.

I would get a more honest and accurate explanation from a used car salesman at this point.

Used car salesman!? I live in my van, I pay council tax at an house that I’m registered at, (we all need an address) which bit of that don’t you understand, prick.

My problem is with tw@ts like you who want to poke their nose in where it’s not wanted.

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, eggsarascal said:

Used car salesman!? I live in my van, I pay council tax at an house that I’m registered at, (we all need an address) which bit of that don’t you understand, prick.

My problem is with tw@ts like you who want to poke their nose in where it’s not wanted.

You put it out there on a public forum so how can you justifiably be upset that another member is taking an interest. 

E4F50574-B3BD-4AD1-9835-7AA61B796290.png

Edited by Johnsond
  • Like 2