Small, low vibration chainsaw?

sandspider

16 minutes ago, richyrich said:

I have carpal tunnel syndrome which causes numbness in fingers, etc. If you're not using power tools for your job then it's probably ok ..🤔👍

I don't have carpal tunnel, no one seems to know what is wrong so far - but it seems to be similar to tendonitis or CT. I don't work with saws every day, but do do a good bit of logging for personal use - nothing like as much as a tree surgeon though.

10 minutes ago, Fatboy2017 said:

To be honest I the above Makita (plus many others!) Yes Makita bought Dolmar. They are a great saw, good power and response for the size. Mine was built in Germany, later ones in China (like Stihl homeowner saws) 

I always pick it up when I need to cut small limbs / trees.

As you may not know Makita have stopped making petrol saws now, but to be honest parts are not a problem and you should not need much, I order parts all the time and have always found most of the parts for newer and older Makita / Dolmars, if you were concerned you could pick up some common parts just in case.

They have adjustable oiler, inboard clutch and alloy not plastic case and are very well built

Good to know, thanks. I didn't know Makita had stopped making petrol saws, but I did see various sites selling their battery / mains saws and nothing else. The EA3500 seems to be out of stock in quite a lot of places, though the smaller, weaker, lighter (and fractionally less vibratey) EA3201 is still fairly common, so the latter might have to do.

On 01/02/2023 at 22:13, Bill C said:

The bottom of the Stihl pro range is the MS024/240/241 range, I've got a MS240 and I think it's way better than it's 41cc should be, but getting a good secondhand one is almost impossible for sensible money. I don't know what the Husky version is but the Husky Rancher series gets good reviews if a bit on the heavy side.

My little brother was going for the husky 120 as his first saw but this got me on the hunt for a 2nd hand saw, just picked him up a 2nd hand MS240, don't think he'll be disappointed with it.

EMMETISTORE.COM

Chainsaw Makita EA3600F40B 35,2 cm³ It has an easy and fast start with the Easy Start. Chain brake for an instant chain...

The ea3600 model has less vibes  less weight  than the ea3500 & is not that to much more pricey. Im kind of tempted to get one while there still available....

Not sure all the build differences with regards to quality between the ea3500 ans ea600 but you can compare the spec on the makita USA site

WWW.MAKITATOOLS.COM

Makita USA: The Leader In Cordless with 18V LXT Lithium-Ion. The best in class for cordless power tool technology. A leader...

Reading the yank forums ea3600 seems well regarded....

I got a mak ea4300 from germany as was cheaper  a few yrs back  so ordering from italy should be ok?

Edited by Stere