How important is product availability to you?

Mark_Skyland

How important is product availability to you?  

28 members have voted

1. 1. Do you order only when the item is showing as in stock?

• I will only ever order in stock items.
    • I sometimes order items that are out of stock.
    • I have stopped using some suppliers as the wait time is too long

You do know that I'm a scouser, right? :)

In regards to your other post about planning that's a definite yes. Nobody, as in the manufactures, seem to have a clue as to when things may go back to some kind of normal. The most commonly used 15/18" bars and chains have been in and out of stock with all the major manufactures for months, it's worth having a spare or two in the back of the van. That's not a sales pitch it's just a bit of helpful advice. Batteries same advice, files and oils not really a problem the same goes for spare parts. Although we have seen the odd spare part out of stock it usually hasnt been for more than a couple of weeks. 

Machines, well not many people are going to rush out and just buy a saw as a backup but they probably have been the most out of stock item bar none. I replied to an earlier post about the 592, we have probably had 4 or 5 enquiries this week about them so if you really need a machine don't hang around waiting for a dealer to get it in, phone around even if you have to pay a bit more as none of us know when they will be available again.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mark_Skyland said:

Around £1200 Inc the vat depending on bar size, definitely no stock left and I don't know when we well be getting anymore unfortunately. :(

no worries mark it was supposed to be an xmas presant ordered well before to myself i will ask for refund and maybe look at 500i or wait. cannot see them honuring the price paid tbh

• Like 1

I tend to move on if an item is out of stock, pisses me off when some suppliers say in stock but when you order it’s actually out, no name mentioned, wouldn’t bother with scouse dealers as it’s probably nicked anyway! Joking aside skyland have always been spot on with delivery and honesty.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I purchased my first rope, a 50m New England Hi -Vi with a spliced eye, from Charterhouse Richmond back in 94.

Called them to set up the order and get a price, sent them a cheque, waited a month for it to arrive with them before it was forwarded on to me, times certainly have changed.

I certainly appreciate it when suppliers are on the level in regards to stock supplies, can’t stand maybe, could be, should be.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1