Ambulance strike

Kimosabi

6 minutes ago, Kimosabi said:

From what? Employed or self employed?

I was in the fire service for 31 years. I receive a pension from that. (Having contributed on average 14% of my wage) into it. I have also had my own business.  

I suppose you are hoping to put me in check mate now?

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Con said:

I was in the fire service for 31 years. I receive a pension from that. (Having contributed on average 14% of my wage) into it. I have also had my own business.  

Not at all highly commendable 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Kimosabi said:

Not at all highly commendable 

Sadly, when I joined, late 80's, I would've recommended the job to anyone,  not now. As with all public services, there has been a slow erosion of pay and conditions for, I would say the last 15 years. Recent events have just been the straw that has broken the camels back. It's hard for everyone at the minute.  But if you are a union member of a large organisation withdrawing your labour can be the only way of getting your voice heard. Believe me, strikes aren't fun, the minute you go on strike you've lost.  It's a failure on both sides. No one wants it and the only way to resolve is to talk. And at the moment,  that's not happening

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Con said:

Sadly, when I joined, late 80's, I would've recommended the job to anyone,  not now. As with all public services, there has been a slow erosion of pay and conditions for, I would say the last 15 years. Recent events have just been the straw that has broken the camels back. It's hard for everyone at the minute.  But if you are a union member of a large organisation withdrawing your labour can be the only way of getting your voice heard. Believe me, strikes aren't fun, the minute you go on strike you've lost.  It's a failure on both sides. No one wants it and the only way to resolve is to talk. And at the moment,  that's not happening

Sadly it's the same all over i actually agree that the ambulance staff probably should get a pay rise i just like listening to that fella andy ranting 

• Haha 2

8 hours ago, trigger_andy said:

No, I’d be bitterly angry at the government for not paying the Ambulance Crews a decent wage that forced them to strike. 

Blaming the lowest rung on the ladder is short sighted and still retarded. But you’re being a good little government drone by blaming the Crews and not the real problem. 

Funny ain’t it, two sides that think the same.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Con said:

I bet your employer contributed quite a lot to your pension pot as well ...

• Like 1

7 hours ago, trigger_andy said:

Like I said in my post, I knew you'd say that so pre-empted it. ;)

The fact of the matter is many here and many other self employed people have increased their prices due to cost increase and inflation. Ive witnessed it personally twice this week alone, one through a large company and one through a self employed forester. They are private companies increasing what they charge for a service due to market demands and cost increases on the fly. Nurses do not have this ability and rely on the unions to negotiate on their behalf to ensure they get a fair wage increase each year, when that breaks down there is nothing left but for strike action. 

Businesses have had to increase prices to cover increased business costs ...this does not mean that income of the business owner ( net ) has increased , often they have been reduced ...

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

56 minutes ago, devon TWiG said:

I bet your employer contributed quite a lot to your pension pot as well ...

True. I'm not going to try and hide it. It's a decent pension. It's changed in recent years. I'm lucky

Edited by Con
  • Like 2

8 hours ago, Kimosabi said:

You are completely wrong again, when those that put their prices up are sitting in the house next year with no work coming in crying about I'll still be working. 

You’ll be a busy fool that’s all I’m saying 🤦‍♂️ I’m sure your @Vespasian under a new name / account he was a irritating c**t aswell 

Jack

• Like 2
  • Haha 1