Football ⚽️

Patrick goulding

8 hours ago, Mick Dempsey said:

When I finished playing for the village they dragged me out to referee a couple of matches when they didn’t have an available ref.

One match was ok, the next was a nightmare, the opposing team constantly accusing me of bias, the manager coming on to the pitch to confront me, all in an effort to get me to abandon the match.

I was harangued especially by one player openly insulting me.

When I blew the final whistle  I confronted him (in an aggressive manner) and all of a sudden he didn’t want to know, walked off ignoring me.

It’s a very hard job, everyone who plays should ref a few matches.

Pic of me in ‘94 ish

image.jpg

Found one of me from similar vintage Mick. 

7214E550-AE13-4148-845C-76589662EF33.png

• Like 7

6 hours ago, Mark Bolam said:

Those nylon strips were a dream.

Started something mark. I'm back row second right. Forest fans may recognise Ian woan, front row, also Alan reeves (Wimbledon) his brother Dave, not on photo Sheffield Wednesday.  My career went down hill from there!

20200401_224807.jpg

• Like 3

Rudgwick football club trip to Amsterdam 92 ish.

Every man Jack of us got larruped non stop, played some kind of mini tournament, which was incidental.
Spent every day getting stoned in the Hill Street Blues bar in the centre, then evenings strolling round the red light area.

F10CB21E-57DD-4247-B6D1-95FE962FF5A0.jpeg

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Mick Dempsey said:

Rudgwick football club trip to Amsterdam 92 ish.

Every man Jack of us got larruped non stop, played some kind of mini tournament, which was incidental.
Spent every day getting stoned in the Hill Street Blues bar in the centre, then evenings strolling round the red light area.

F10CB21E-57DD-4247-B6D1-95FE962FF5A0.jpeg

bet that was a right crack Mick, we had a great tour there in about ‘95, don’t remember the football much 😁

• Like 1